Original topic:

S9 Display alignment

(Topic created on: 12-26-2019 12:52 AM)
Kirbymail
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
Hello
My 9 is cutting off text and some boxed text is out of alignment. This is only happening on a few apps, the rest are ok. For example, Instagram and CIBC have this issue and a few others. Everything is up to date and I've adjusted the font and size, the screen zoom, and disabled the edge screen without any real difference. I've attached a couple screen shots... thoughts?

0 Likes
9 Comments
GG2
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
im just wondering if its not caused by those apps not being optimised for full screen. Might try turning on/off full screen on those apps see if it makes a difference.
Ray1
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S

Check your screen zoom settings.

It looks like it might be caused by zooming in by more than the screen can handle

GG2
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
thought that too but wouldn't that affect all apps and not just a few ?
Ray1
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
possible that it affects some apps more than others
Vic20
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
Check Font size in settings. Sometimes fonts can be too large and truncate if incompatible.
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Did you try it with defaults text and font settings ?

Chris60DB
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
cool
0 Likes
Kirbymail
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
I'm thinking it has something to do with the full screen app setting. I've been over everything...font,font size, default font, and zoom, nothing really changed the display much. What is l on closer look that I don't have the toggle switch to switch apps to full screen. There are only 3 apps out of them all that have this. The rest appear to be switched to full screen with no other option, does this make sense;
0 Likes
Vic20
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
The only other thing I can think of is the app is not properly resizing to the resolution of the screen. Like resizing a window to the point where it doesn't display properly and begin overlapping and truncating. It could be happening here in this instance.
0 Likes