Original topic:

S9+ Review

(Topic created on: 12-02-2018 06:48 AM)
BookRising
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
Three months in my Lilac Purple, and I'm loving it! I really love the aesthetics of the new S9 (but that is probably because I've never had S8. People said its not a major upgrade from S8). The purple works well underneath the glass and I dig how it feels in hand without a case. Even with the OEM cases it feels slim and gorgeously powerful; a balance quite difficult to achieve. I particularly love how the blue LED cover looks on the phone since the lilac purple blends in beautifully with the cover. The black silicone case also works well with it, making my third favourite configuration (blue-purple, naked-purple, black-purple). The mint, however, is also quite a dark horse for me - which is why now I tend to switch between 4 styles.

The software out of the box does feel strange, but I eventually got used to it - even before I discovered an amazing theme from Samsung Themes (which is now my default theme). Nowhere at all does it feel sluggish, and it never fails to keep up with my activities. It feels way faster and smoother than any other UIs I've ever experienced - which is saying something.

The display. The DISPLAY. Every wallpaper I liked turn out magnificent with the AMOLED's vibrant colours. The black, don't even get me started. This is why I just love the dark themes. Even pastels look amazing!

The camera, however, is a mixed bag for me. Rarely do my selfies turn out great, but my pictures from the back camera does look amazing! I also like how we get to edit the details like hue, contrast, saturation, etc with the Pro Editor. One thing, though, is that my pictures tend to look really pixelated and broken when I zoom in just a bit.

The battery, is what you'd expect from S9 's range, but coming from LG G5, an extra 700 mAH is a very welcome improvement. I usually run out at 8pm while I plug out at 9.30 am every day and I do have the 5100 battery pack for the occasions I'm going to be home way later. Overall it's not an issue for me.

Now the music. Coming from LG, I admit I've been spoiled with a superior equalizer and freedom to mess with the pitches (extremely crucial for me) - so I was pretty disappointed when I got no such option in the UI player. I was pretty happy with the equalizer, though, and to think I thought the earphones would be horrible! It doesn't. In fact, it may be the best out of box earphones I've ever had from Samsung and from anyone, ever. I simply love the sound.

Literally, the only thing missing is the S Pen compability, which I do need for my daily activities (sketching, doodling, marking documents for assignments....). But I'm willing to save up for the Note 10 if the S9 is already this good! I even doubt I'll give up the S9 when I get the Note 10, given that S9 has almost everything I wanted in a phone: gorgeous aesthetics of both phone and OEM case, solid audio, smooth software, and battery enough to keep me going for most of my day. 

a8fdaa64-31f3-4dc5-a947-6c97ce3b6c77.jpg

6 Comments
akoexmo
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
well said ,
0 Likes
AshleyB
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
nice review!
0 Likes
Echo1
Expert Level 4
Galaxy S
Pleased that your happy with your new device
0 Likes
thebigguy86
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
my batter can be unplugged at 6am and still be around 50% by 6pm
Galaxy S
Really great review,
thank you for putting your time and effort into this review to help fellow Samsung members out :)
It goes a long way!!
0 Likes
Moderator_
Options
Galaxy S
Thanks for your review!
-Jenn
0 Likes