Original topic:

Samsung Care+ repair delay

(Topic created on: 03-24-2023 11:28 AM)
Deeezzyyy
Expert Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
So when I opened my request and they sent me the info, it said that once they received my device, it would be repaired/replaced and shipped out to me in 24 or 48hrs.

It's been over a week and no updates.

Called twice and they only said that they received the device. But they don't even know if it has actually been repaired already or they're still waiting for parts or something.

I don't understand how hard it could be to follow up and enter the status in the system so that when customers call, they can give a precise answer 😑

Good thing I have a second phone to use in the meantime...

6 Comments
GG2
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
Which one did you send in ?
0 Likes
Deeezzyyy
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
The blood orange one with the scratch on the camera
0 Likes
GG2
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
Wow ok, Hope you get it soon !
Deeezzyyy
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
Thanks. I hope so too.

It's either they repair it or replace it with a refurbished one... and color is not guaranteed...

Hope they repair it 😑
Galaxy S

Did they return your phone yet?

Is it the original device or refurbished one?

Did they reformat/wipe it, or did they leave it the same as you sent it?

0 Likes
Deeezzyyy
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
Before sending in your device, you need to factory reset it.

They didn't return my device because they couldn't repair it and they didn't have a refurbished one.

They asked me to contact them and we settled for a cash settlement instead.

They gave me the price of what my device was worth and turns out, it was still worth as much as a brand new device so I got that much.

I could have bought the same device again brand new and show them the receipt and they would have transferred the remainder of my Samsung Care+ on it but I decided to buy something else.
0 Likes