Samsung Cloud

(Topic created on: 02-26-2019 12:43 PM)
gabrielpaskua
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
Good afternoon,

Just one quick question. 

I need to make space on my phone and I got a lot of pictures. My photos are already synching in Samsung cloud but remain on my device. Is there a way to clean the device but only keep the pictures in the cloud? Thanks

Gab
0 Likes
8 Comments
Jebourquey
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
According to this the Gallery "becomes the cloud" so you cant delete from just your phone. If you have an SD card you can move them there.

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S8/New-to-the-Samsung-Cloud/m-p/97116#M17694
0 Likes
Galaxy S
If you are confident that your pictures are safe on Samsung's cloud - And if you don't have enough space on your external sd card - or you don't have enough space on your computer - You could always delete the pictures from your phone? - But with support for up to 256 (512 Gig on some devices) Gig of external sd storage - How could you run out of space?
0 Likes
gabrielpaskua
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
I do have enough space on the SD card but then the photos won't sync in the cloud and thus won't be accessible from my other devices. that's the reason why I don't want to move them on the SD card. anyway thanks for the answer 😊
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Well I think that you could sync to Samsung Cloud & and then you could move them to the external sd card - You'd then have freed up some space & you'd still be able access the synced photos from other devices?
0 Likes
gabrielpaskua
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
tried it but then they "unsync" with the cloud lol. I just don't see the point of synching the photos if they must remain on the device. lol dam Samsung sometimes 🙄🙄
0 Likes
Moderator_
Options
Galaxy S
Hey @gabrielpaskua,

Unfortunately, I don't believe there's currently a way to delete photos from your device without also deleting them from Samsung Cloud... the only workaround is moving them to the SD card, like others have mentioned in this thread.

I'll bring this issue up with the devs however—I'm sure there's a reason it hasn't been implemented yet.

Cheers,
Sabrina
oooOmitoOooo
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
https://support.samsungcloud.com/#/login

0 Likes
brenda100
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
how do I find video on the cloud
0 Likes