Original topic:

Samsung DeX

(Topic created on: 04-25-2020 02:03 AM)
ZYYL
Active Level 6
Options
Galaxy S
Anybody with flagship S devices or Note devices tried Samsung DeX?
Before that Samsung DeX is only limited to using that DeX adapter and then with Note 9 introduced a USB-C to HDMI to prompt DeX mode.

Now, if you have a Windows PC/laptop (must be supported version), you can install a program on your Windows and you can run DeX Mode using just a normal Data transfer cable for some reason (?).

If you have a phone that supports DeX mode but never got a chance/never wanted to buy additional adapter or monitor to use this flagship feature, you can try it out.

I think the DeX interface could be improved if there are features like:
-Calendar or planner page 
-Seamless typing and sending message (message not sent if you press enter on whatsapp, you have to click the send button).
-Reminder/Notes widget on the side of DeX homescreen.

One downside is you'll need Office 365 subscription if you want to use Words/any Microsoft Office apps on DeX mode. But to be fair you can always use other application (WPS Office is a good alternative).

What's your take on Samsung DeX?

8 Comments
ElvanB
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
the font is too small. idk how to adjust it. lol. works with macbook too btw.
UnknownUser
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
love this
Chow1895
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
the display is a bit blurry 😞
ZYYL
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Yes indeed, i forgot to mention that too. But is it the same if you use HDMI? I think different right? If you use HDMI you can project a higher resolution screen I think (?).
Can anybody using Samsung DeX with a HDMI connector attest to this?
0 Likes
Chow1895
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
lol 😂 i dont have that cable
0 Likes
mcling
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Galaxy Note 8 since update to One UI, no longer it need DeX adapter to activate DeX mode. Only HDMI needed. But I never try normal Data transfer Cable. Maybe next time will have an experience with it. Thanks for the info.
ZYYL
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Do note that you have to install another application on your Windows laptop, and to be honest the resolution isn't that good.
Khairi6910
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Hi. New Here. 

Just bought Tab S7. Just wondering if the Multiport Adaptor accepts RF Keyboard hardware as input in Dex? Or must we use Bluetooth Keyboard? 

0 Likes