Original topic:

Samsung did not send free galaxy buds 2 with s23 ultra preorder

(Topic created on: 02-28-2023 06:54 PM)
travx
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
I recently bought Galaxy s23 ultra when there was a preorder promotion of double storage and free galaxy buds. They only shipped s23ultra phone but not the galaxy buds. I contacted customer care via chat and the representative told me he/she has escalated my issue and will send email and ship galaxy buds within 5 business days. I received no email and tried to contact customer care again. They again told me that they are reviewing and send me email within 5 business days. No update again and I contacted again and the representative this time told me to wait till 15 days return period ends and then they will send the update. I was really frustrated and this time called their customer care. The representative on call told that the promotion period ended and they cannot give me the free galaxy buds but they can ship me one if I pay additional $50. 
This was extremely frustrating experience for me from Canadian samsung customer care. I had been using samsung phone since galaxy S3 back in 2012. But this bad experience has really given me second thoughts.
9 Comments
blitzteh
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Hi, when you ordered your device, did the free buds2 showed up in your cart? If it did, you can check your order status through this:

https://shop.samsung.com/ca/mypage/orders

Looks like the buds2 and some cases are delayed. I'm still waiting for the buds2 and leather case I've ordered on Feb 3rd.
0 Likes
travx
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
Ordered on Feb 12. Student account, Yes free buds2 was automatically added to cart while I was continuing with the order. When i look at my order now, it only shows phone but not the buds2. I should have better paid attention during checkout. But I still remember the note in red font stating buds 2 is automatically added to your cart while proceeding with the order.
0 Likes
Helenna
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, we are very sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

As it is order related issue, we kindly request you to contact our Online shopping team.

Please contact our Online shopping team by the link given below, so that they will help you accordingly.

https://www.samsung.com/ca/support/contact/#contactinfo

0 Likes
travx
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
Already contacted 3 times via chat and 2 times via call over last 14 days. No good response. Representative on chat were helpful. Representative on call were really rude and just did not want to help.
0 Likes
Bluebruce
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy S

Have you managed to get our Buds2? 

0 Likes
SB99
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Did you order through spc or student beans? You only got the buds through those two sites.
0 Likes
blitzteh
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Samsung offered the buds2 for free with the S23U briefly on the main site, then went back to being $49. Education site offered the buds2 pro for free during the pre-order window with the S23U.
Zaragoza
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

The same thing happened to me today. I've been on web chat and on the phone to Samsung and they just don't seem to be willing to help. The S23 is my first Samsung for over four years and I was looking forward to having a Samsung again. Not now. I feel like I've been scammed. I'll be sending the new phone back next week and ordering a Google Pixel 7 instead. I know the S23 is the better phone but dealing with Samsung online and by telephone has not been a pleasant experience.

Bluebruce
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy S

I saw the free Buds2 online too. I was asking the online staff. She told me it's only for the S23 and S23+. I was not very convincing with her words. If they don't wish to give the free Buds2. They should take down the wordings so it will not be misleading. This is cheating on consumers. 

0 Likes