Normally this message means that something is corrupted in your device's cache.
- Boot into Recovery & Wipe Cache.
Still have the message?
- Reset App Preferences (Settings > Apps > 3 Dot Menu Top Right).
See if those suggestions resolve the problem for you.
Thank you RedDogRabbit.
Hi Leohopkinz, we are good to see that you found the required information and suggestions from RedDogRabbit.
We also suggest you to perform Wipe cache on your device. This will not erase personal data on the phone. It deletes temporary cache files in the phone.
1) Turn off the device.
2) Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Power Key.
3) When the Android logo displays, release all keys.(("Installing system update" is displayed before displaying the Android system recovery menu options).
4) Press the Volume down key several times to highlight “wipe cache partition.”
5) Press the Power key to select.
6) Press the Volume down key to highlight “yes” and press the Power key to select.
7) When the wipe cache partition is complete, “Reboot system now” is highlighted.
Press the Power key to restart the device.
Please let us know if the issue still persist after performing the above steps.