Tallman
Options
Galaxy S

"Galaxy Unpacked for Every Fan: Livestream"  Replay

7 Comments
keagan
Options
Galaxy S

Hi Tallman, Thanks for sharing the information.

sam007
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
thank you
JohnH
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
Honestly kind of pleased with the FE. Looks good, has good specs for its price, 3 years of support, seems to have decent cameras, and I really like the colours.

My only complaint is the plastic back. I strongly believe plastic should only be on low end phones. Since this phone is advertised as an S device, it should have glass.
0 Likes
keagan
Options
Galaxy S

Thanks for sharing your opinion @JohnH. To add more style and flavor to the S20 FE the sleek back cover is crafted with reinforced polycarbonate.

Galaxy S
Hi JohnH, maybe think of this way. All previous phones mainly use glasses on the body. Everyone complaints all finger prints all over the phone body. Now, they switch to different material, it is in plastic category. However, with the matt finished, the finger prints problem reduce or not anymore.

I owned other devices with magnesium matt surface, still full of finger prints. Maybe be this is one of the reason to use polycarbonate.
JohnH
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
Keagan, plastic is a polymer. Polycarbonate is a polymer linked with carbonate groups. Both are plastic. Enough with the marketing terms.

Both will scratch easily, both will get dented from drops, and both will feel light and cheap in the hand. My S5 had a "polycarbonate" back plate, which looked good day 1, but looked terrible day 365.
0 Likes
JohnH
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
Tallman, it is possible to apply a satin finish onto glass to reduce fingerprints yet retain a premium feel. The Note 20 Ultra in mystic bronze is an example of this, and it looks stunning.

If I had to choose between plastic and fingerprints, I'd choose fingerprints. Glass is overall more durable to average wear and tear, plus it looks and feels so much better.