Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra Screen Burn / Oleophobic coating issue

(Topic created on: 03-03-2023 02:33 PM)
Members_cdU8JdR
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S

Bought my Samsung S22 Ultra last March 2022 (Pre-order) 

Recently, I noticed a screen issue with my phone that can only be seen on certain angles. Wiping it with cloth will remove the "smudge" area however it comes back after a while. One thing I noticed is that the areas that has a "smudge" is where it is the hottest when I am using my phone (Not heavy user, just messaging apps) 

Decided to use my warranty and have it replaced or checked.

First visit around 3rd week of February 2023:

They informed me that the overheating issue could be because of outdated apps.

Their Resolution: Backup files, factory reset the phone, and update all apps. 

Result: Did not help at all, the phone is still overheating at light-moderate usage.

Second Visit (March 2, 2023):

Went back after 2 weeks, and the technician said it was just fingerprints on the screen (I do not use a screen protector). But I insisted that there is probably something wrong with it and I want it checked before the warranty expires. 

Their Resolution: They will call me for updates.

Result: They called me in the afternoon if I can visit back and leave the phone with them so the technician can document it and undergo Waterproof testing. 

Third Visit (March 3, 2023): 

Went back in the morning, and they processed a repair ticket and called the "Head" technician.

Their Resolution: They will text or call me for further updates. Passed the waterproof testing. 

Result: Called me back in the afternoon, when I went back to their cute office, they said that all the diagnostics were normal, and that they cannot do anything about it. They also said that "It does not affect the normal function of the phone" 

First, they told me it was a software issue. I have never seen software cause such an issue unless they were trained on another planet for troubleshooting phones?? I have tried to be very understanding but this incident really goes beyond my limit of patience. I never rant or talk to somebody that way but I hope you understand where I am coming from. Paying a hefty amount of money for a flagship phone just to get bad after-service. 

My warranty expires tomorrow so I guess any attempt to have this fixed will be an out-of-pocket expense. So I will just have to live with it since "it does not affect the normal function of the phone". I commend this "Engineer/head technician". 

I will update this thread with their report as I asked them to give me a report to include specifically their remarks that it does not affect the normal function of the phone. 

Cheers Samsung for the great "Service". You have been very helpful in wasting my time. 

IMG_2487.jpegIMG_2489.jpegIMG_2490.jpegIMG_2491.jpeg

7 Comments
TeamGalaxyRene
Options
Galaxy S

Hello Members_cdU8JdR,

We are sorry about your experience with the service center in order to get your Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra fixed. As it turned out, they did not manage your expectations well, and we apologize for the inconvenience it caused you.

I also admire your patience while following several procedures they've given you and keeping a chronological record of your visits with them. If it happens to me, I will feel the same frustration as you did.

Should there any re-occurring and problems arise while using your beloved Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra, please let us know here or contact us via the Samsung Customer Care support channels below.

https://samsung-livechat.sprinklr.com/seao/ph/index.html 

Or our Samsung Customer Care direct hotline numbers below.

#GALAXY or #425299 [Mobile Phones & Tablets]
Available 24/7

1-800-10-7267864 [All Product, Toll Free, PLDT]
1-800-8-7267864 [All Product, Toll Free, Globe]
842 221 11 [All Product, Landline]
Daily (8:00am to 8:00pm)
0 Likes
Galaxy S
good thing i had tg on my s22u
0 Likes
Althea
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
What a saddening experience. Hope that they improve their affter sales support
0 Likes
Stellarsellards
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

I have a very similar issue on my screen maybe the same but the smudge area is much bigger it's like 66% to 75% of my screen. When the screen is on I can't even tell it's there but when it's off it's very noticeable and it drives me crazy. 

0 Likes
Members_cdU8JdR
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Just apply a screen protector to get rid of it, although it will still get very hot around that area where the smudge is, as I believe those areas with the smudge is where the motherboard or chipset might be sitting. I'm not 100% sure about that since I'm not a technician, but I have a feeling it's a hardware issue with this phone. 

I did get a report from the Samsung team saying there is nothing wrong with the phone, so if ever I decide to trade my phone with a newer Samsung (Maybe the S23 or wait for S25) I can present the report if they don't accept the phone. 

0 Likes
Emilyroseane
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Hi i have the same issue, i just wanted to know if there is a solution to this problem and the are on my screen is affected in the same position as yours i doubt its a co incident 

0 Likes
Members_cdU8JdR
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Cleaning it properly and letting the phone rest for a bit to make sure it is not hot then apply a screen protector. I use a hydrogel screen protector and the smudge is not visible at all. 

It still gets hot when using the camera for more than 2 minutes. I might trade it on for a newer Samsung phone but definitely not the Samsung s24. 

Edit: Is it also s22 ultra? I think the first few units they released has hardware issues that they do not want to admit. Came across a couple of people who has the same issue.

0 Likes