Original topic:

Samsung Messages - Archive / RCS

(Topic created on: 04-01-2021 04:37 AM)
Tao77
Active Level 6
Options
Galaxy S
Suggestion/question related to Samsung Messages app

1. Suggestion - the ability to Archive message that you want to keep but are not necessarily needing to remain in the listing of current chats.

2. Question - Is RCS messaging coming to the Samsung Messages app in Canada. If it is here, how do I enable it?

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Galaxy S
I think Bell support RCS, but see my screenshot. Is your phone meet their requirement?

Screenshot_20210401-080259_Edge_39907.jpg

View solution in context

0 Likes
Solution
QP
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
I'm sure Bell able to do that for you, give them a call and make a request like I did with Fido, if you get a good service rep and knowing what they are doing the process can be done within 24hrs. I got it done in like 2-3 days because of lv 1 reps whom have no idea what they are doing until I got last rep and they forwarded ticket to lv 2 tech and boom all done. Hope is info help and work for you. Btw I tested wifi calling work and RCS work as well, friends who using android phone can see my typing during chat.

View solution in context

20 Comments
Galaxy S
For your question #2, RCS is supported by Carriers in Canada, like Rogers, Telus, Fido...etc. You have to check with your carrier. If your carrier has RCS support, you will see Chat session under Samsung Message settings.

Screenshot_20210401-073611_Messages_39900.jpg

0 Likes
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

@Tallman,  this feature was working before on Samsung message, why do we have to go with Google Message now... 

I asked Bell about RCS last week and they told me to change to Google...What will happen with my messages on Samsung message ? 

0 Likes
Galaxy S
This is what I am confuse. It seems like Bell wants to push their Advanced Messaging instead of RCS.
0 Likes
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Exact, they never try to help me with Samsung Message, they just say, No more compatible on your Device 

0 Likes
Tao77
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Thanks Tallman, my carrier is Bell
0 Likes
Solution
Galaxy S
I think Bell support RCS, but see my screenshot. Is your phone meet their requirement?

Screenshot_20210401-080259_Edge_39907.jpg

0 Likes
Tao77
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Thanks Tallman, I have an S20 FE 5G released in Oct 2020, so perhaps it does not qualify (2021)
0 Likes
Galaxy S
No, not sure why their requirement is in or after 2021? But my Note20 has RCS, also some older devices have RCS. I think this is Bell requirement. I am not Bell user, cannot 100% sure on this. Try contact your carrier and find out if this is true or not.
Valeriya
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, Thanks for accepting the solution and this could help others with the same query. Thanks for the response, Tallman.