Original topic:

Samsung Messages - Archive / RCS

(Topic created on: 04-03-2021 06:18 AM)
Tao77
Active Level 6
Options
Galaxy S
Suggestion/question related to Samsung Messages app

1. Suggestion - the ability to Archive message that you want to keep but are not necessarily needing to remain in the listing of current chats.

2. Question - Is RCS messaging coming to the Samsung Messages app in Canada. If it is here, how do I enable it?
QP
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
My s21 Ultra Samsung Message don't or no option of Chat (RCS). Been force to use Google Messages to use RCS, I'm with Fido btw. This feature work on my s10 under Samsung Message. After upgrade the s21, no more RCS for Samsung Message, no wifi calling.
0 Likes
Tao77
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Hate to leave Samsung Messages but I think it is clear for me in my current carrier/phone set up. Google Messages
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Rogers RCS works for older phone. At least I know my Wife's Note10+ still have RCS Chat.
0 Likes
h0h0h0
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
A5 2017 with virgin

Screenshot_20210401-222202_Messages.jpg

0 Likes
Tao77
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
As much as I would like to try RCS, I am staying with Samsung messages, like one ui and am not want to add/use apps that do not embrace it. Samsung apps only on my phone, like it that way. Thanks to everyone for their input
0 Likes
QP
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
Which phone do you have and which carrier you are with? After spoke to Fido customer service, I have them activated wifi calling and I notice RCS work on Samsung Message again, on s21 Ultra. They added imei and other info to Fido system.
Tao77
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Thansk QP, I did not have wifi. Allomg on but have since activated it. Not sure if that has activated RCS. I now have the ability to create a nickname in chats, so perhaps it worked?
0 Likes
QP
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
Not sure about that, all I know is after Fido input imei and build version of my phone to their system, everything works. This like a bypass for none Fido phone. This phone I got is US unlocked phone and I flash it with W Canadian version.
Solution
QP
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
I'm sure Bell able to do that for you, give them a call and make a request like I did with Fido, if you get a good service rep and knowing what they are doing the process can be done within 24hrs. I got it done in like 2-3 days because of lv 1 reps whom have no idea what they are doing until I got last rep and they forwarded ticket to lv 2 tech and boom all done. Hope is info help and work for you. Btw I tested wifi calling work and RCS work as well, friends who using android phone can see my typing during chat.
Tao77
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Thanks QP, I will call them