Original topic:

Samsung messages vs Google messages

(Topic created on: 05-01-2022 09:28 AM)
Deeezzyyy
Expert Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
So if we are supposed to use Google messages now... why can't we disable or delete Samsung messages on either our phones or our Galaxy watch?

I do know that I can run ABD commands to remove it but that's an extra step I don't feel like one should have to take.

Also, I'm using the call/text on other devices with my Tab S8 Ultra and I noticed that if I use Google messages, the message won't come through on my Tab. So what's the point then?

0 Likes
18 Comments
GG2
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
I might be in the minority here but i prefer Samsung messages over Google messages.
Deeezzyyy
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
Nah, I actually prefer Samsung message too lol

But I saw a few posts about Google messages so I was wondering.
0 Likes
Gemini
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
I use Samsung Messages as well, and I'm glad I do considering the battery drain issues Google Messages has been having lately
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Not sure what you mean, Google Messages uses next to nothing on my S20 Ultra One UI V4.1, like 0.1% in the last 3+ hours according to GSam Battery Monitor & it doesn't even appear using Samsung's battery usage calculator. 

Gemini
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
With all the apps that we tend to have running on our phones, it’s a constant worry as to whether the battery will be able to make it through the day — and that’s not helped when apps misfire and run power-draining features in the background. According to 9to5Google, a recent bug in Google’s Messages app on Android phones left the camera running in the background — a great way to both heat up your phone and run down your battery.
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

I haven't seen any of that on my device, but a simple solution would be to deny camera access to the app, or allow only when using the app. 

0 Likes
Galaxy S
Me too. Still using Samsung Message. I will continue use Samsung Message until it is depreciate.

The problem is ... there is no problem in Samsung Message. Why switch to Google when everything works. Just my opinion.
GG2
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
True. I have 0 issues with Samsung messages so i will continue to use that as long as I can.
Deeezzyyy
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
I was kind of looking into an alternative because sometimes my Samsung messages lag like crazy. I can barely text and I have to wait. Kind of annoying so I wanted to try out Google messages. That one didn't lag at all.

But too many cons present itself rather than pros so yeah...