Original topic:

Samsung messages vs Google messages

(Topic created on: 05-07-2022 01:55 AM)
Deeezzyyy
Expert Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
So if we are supposed to use Google messages now... why can't we disable or delete Samsung messages on either our phones or our Galaxy watch?

I do know that I can run ABD commands to remove it but that's an extra step I don't feel like one should have to take.

Also, I'm using the call/text on other devices with my Tab S8 Ultra and I noticed that if I use Google messages, the message won't come through on my Tab. So what's the point then?

0 Likes
18 Comments
Galaxy S
Same here. I prefer using Samsung Messages rather than Google Messages. As long as my messages send, I am happy.
iFlYSoLo
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
When I tried using samsung messages, it kept crashing. So I Uninstaller Google messages, no change. Chat features were messed up. Back to Google messages.. prefer the other way but don't know what's the issue!
Deeezzyyy
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
Everything works fine for me with Samsung messages except sometimes there's a major lag.

Like when I'm typing, it takes about 10 seconds before the message actually appears as I'm typing it or sometimes, some messages don't load.

So yeah, I was looking at an alternative but I think I'll just deal with the lag for now.
iFlYSoLo
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
They should pick one and stick with it lol
Deeezzyyy
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
Honestly, I don't mind the choice. But we should be able to disable or uninstall either one as we want... who tf needs TWO messaging app on their phones? Lol
iFlYSoLo
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
People who cast a death spell 🤣🤣
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Don't know if I'd be looking for a logical explanation, as to why Samsung does something.. but yeah, you'd think that Samsung would remove Samsung Messages as a System app, so that you could actually uninstall it if you don't use it. 

Using adb will never actually uninstall any System app, it only hides it from view. In order to actually remove any System app, you would need Root, which isn't easily attainable on most North American Samsung devices. 

ShelPineault
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
I would much rather stick with Samsung Messages. I enjoy the options of creating categories and chat preferences. But now since the update the contacts are.not showing. Only showing the numbers. Very disappointing. Google messaging doesn't have all the options.
0 Likes
Theblueberry
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
I don't use Samsung or Google messages. There are other options. And you can't delete Samsung messages easily because it's a Samsung phone. Lol
0 Likes