Original topic:

samsung micro sd card 64 gb.

(Topic created on: 10-04-2020 03:56 PM)
gerrbear
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy S
Just bought it from amazon inserted into my s20 ultra, it accepts the card but for the life of me i can seem to figure out how to transfer my pictures to my micro sd card, can anyone with laymen terms explain how ?
0 Likes
7 Comments
EnZ143PoGi
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Open 'My Files' application.
Go to Internal Storage.
Find the folder 'DCIM'
Long press on that folder.
After a few seconds, it should be highlighted.
There will be a copy/move/delete option on the bottom of your screen, or top right corner.
Use move.
Once you chose it. On the top left corner of your screen, you will see a '📂 >Internal Storage > DCIM' in that order.
Touch the Folder Icon.
That will send you to main screen of the My Files App.
On that screen, choose SD Card, then the folder you want to put your photos in once inside.
Edit:
Once you are on the folder you wanted, choose 'Move here.'
gerrbear
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
thanks it now takes all my shots and puts it on the sd card. i dont understand how that works but it does thanks buddy.
0 Likes
EnZ143PoGi
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
You are welcome. Glad I can help.
For what I know 'DCIM' is the android's folder for your camera photos.
A quick google search told me it stands for 'Digital Camera IMages.'
Also, on your camera app, there is either a prompt the first time you open the app after you pop-in the sd card that they automatically changed the storage location to your sd card. If there was no prompt and the phone detects the sd card, on the settings of your camera app, just scroll all the way down, and you will see a 'storage location' option, then choose sd card instead of internal storage.
0 Likes
Halston
Options
Galaxy S

Hi gerrbear,

Follow the below steps to transfer files from Phone to SD card:
Open My Files >> Choose the type of file you want to move or find it in Internal Storage or Device storage. Tap the folder where the files you want to move are stored. Tap the options icon. It will be displayed as three dots in the upper right corner >> Tap Select >> Tap the files you want to move/Copy. You can also tap All or the blank checkbox to select all files >> On newer devices there will be a Move/Copy icon at the bottom of the screen. If not, tap the options icon >> Tap Move

If you tapped Move at the bottom of the screen, navigate back to the My Files screen using the back icon at the top left of the screen >> Tap SD card >> Tap an existing folder or create a folder to save your files in >> Tap Move/Copy here or Done

Your files will now move to your SD card. The time this takes will be different, depending on the size of your files.

Thank you EnZ143PoGi, for sharing the information.🙂

0 Likes
Minette76
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S

I dis everthing but my s8 mo more recognize my micro sd card....😥
0 Likes
Halston
Options
Galaxy S

Hi Minette76,

Welcome to the Samsung Members Canada.

Try using a different microSD card on your phone and your SD card on different phones and check if the issue still occurs. Poor contact can also cause an SD card not detected or recognized problem. In order to make it work again, you can remove the SD card and Gently clean the SD using a Q-tip and reinsert it then reboot the phone, and check.

Minette76
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S
I'll try this ! Thank you!
0 Likes