Original topic:

Samsung Mobile Devices Need to change...

(Topic created on: 12-09-2020 05:37 PM)
blackfear0
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
Here in Canada Samsung does not control updates, fetures, and pretty much anything software related... this has pushed me the wrong way every year but 2020 the worst so far. Im currently financing the S20 ultra 5g (preoreder) so regular price 2300$ over 24months and yet E-sim disabled, Fm radio Disabled, OEM bootloader unlock disabled i really thought i lived in a free country without so much control over my 2300$ device and my question is why? Google pixels and iphones get their updates right from OEM but Samsung does not.... im very saddened by this and fear this might be my last ever Samsung.. 

With much disappointment 
M.Dumond 

11 Comments
Ravireddie
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Yeahh, Same with me. I'm with Rogers and I got the phone on the very first day after releasing. I'm still running on Oct 1st Security patch while others seemed like they are on the latest December Security patch . I always receive my update at the end of the month. Very Unhappy with #samsung updates.
0 Likes
blackfear0
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
October 1st security for my Bell phone as well Samsung says its the Carriers who control the update but Google and Apple do not have this issue.... are you also having auto focus issues on your Ultra Camera mine has mad blur in 108mp and standard lens.... very disappointed that 108mp is not avaliable in pro mode...

thank you Ravireddie for your feedback let's hope Samsung Canada hears us...
0 Likes
Ravireddie
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
@blackfear0 108p camera seems to be working fine. I had the auto focus problem in the beginning but not now. Yeahh the auto focus is a bit slow when compared to Apple phones but I rarely use the 108p as it is only 3:4 I usually use the 16:9. Yeah, it is so sad that we cannot use the camera to its full potential on the pro mode.
0 Likes
Halston
Options
Galaxy S

Hi blackfear0,

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. Please keep in mind that at this time, we have no information about scheduled updates to your Galaxy devices. Samsung is dedicated to ensuring that you have a great experience with your Galaxy device. As a result, we have forwarded your concerns regarding the eSIM and the FM Radio to the concerned team. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. Your feedback is truly appreciated and will help Samsung create a better experience for all Galaxy device users.

0 Likes
DaveF2
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

Hope you get on the FM radio soon. Can you give a time frame? I carefully checked my phones hardware specs before purchasing, I am within my return window and I am looking at other manufactures for a replacement.

0 Likes
BadFella
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
I agree, I got the Note10+ when it came out and was 1600 dollars. What I get is a locked bootloader and delayed updates. Can't even modify my phone even if I want to, where as the exynos variants bootlocker can be unlocked and people are able to flash kernels etc. why the discrimination.
0 Likes
TBone
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
the reason mostly for the locked boot loaders in North America is because of the snapdragon chip in them. not that it's impossible for samsung to unlock it. but for the exynos chips its very easy for samsung to unlock them because they design the exynos chip them selves.
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
every one is talking about S21. But the real important stuff to me is esim the company promised . The whole world of samsung has the option but not us. Samsung don't even tell us why they have blocked the feature in NA. this ridiculous and very disappointing
0 Likes
oooOmitoOooo
Active Level 10
Galaxy S

you forgot to include the amber alert system and ads that hijack our phones.

0 Likes