Did you mean: 

Original topic:

SAMSUNG NOT CHARGING DUE TO MOISTURE

(Topic created on: 03-05-2024 06:28 AM)
kuyalanj
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
Why are we experiencing so many headaches with our very expensive phone? Using an expensive phone like the S23 Ultra should be a seamless experience, yet here we are dealing with so much inconvenience because our phone won't charge due to moisture that didn't even exist in the first place.

SAMSUNG should close their company.
0 Likes
7 Comments
TeamGalaxyDD
Options
Galaxy S

I think asking us to close down our Philippine operations is a bit of an overreaction 😭

The moisture charging protection is in place to protect your device from shorting out due to moisture creeping into the charging ports. As you know, electronics and water don't really mix that well, so this feature was put in place to keep you and your device safe! 

If your device is still saying that there's still moisture inside the charging port, try this:

• Unplug your device if it's charging
  • Wipe the entire device with a dry microfiber cloth (not tissue - it messes up your phone's coating)
  • Gently shake the phone with the charging port facing downwards to release any excess moisture
  • Place your phone on a dry cloth in a well-ventilated area (or in front of a fan)
  • Wait 5-10 minutes before trying to charge again.

If that doesn't work still, you can run a diagnostics test via your Samsung Members app to see if the sensors detect any damage (or to know if the sensors are damaged themselves.) Once you determine that there is an issue, bring your device to your nearest Samsung Service Center for repair :)  

0 Likes
kuyalanj
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
This "feature" is not meant to protect our phone; it's an add-on that causes so much inconvenience. Other Android phones don't have this so-called "feature," yet their phones work like Superman. "Water resistant," what a nice joke, when it can't handle a single piece of moisture.

Samsung has the best joke ever!
0 Likes
toto0825
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Replace usb port
0 Likes
kuyalanj
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
I can not allow that. I should be enjoying this instead of fixing it. They should replace me a brand new phone.
0 Likes
toto0825
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
If the warranty is in effective i think they gonna fix it for free☺️
0 Likes
PUFFY_AmiYumi
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
Charging in moisture, I think you discharge to 0%
0 Likes
kuyalanj
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
Naaaah! Even if i did not charge it it still shows the error.
0 Likes