Original topic:

Samsung or Virgin.

(Topic created on: 07-16-2022 08:50 AM)
TracyLJ
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
I have a Samsung 21FE and just recently went to Virgin from Bell.  When I am at home my cell does NOT work. Will ring but person on other end hears 2/10 words if I'm lucky.  Any advice? 
0 Likes
3 Comments
soccerdad
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Most likely your service provider. Have you tried using wifi calling? I'm with Bell, and when I'm at home, it's automatically linked. At least it doesn't rely on the cell towers, and wifi calling is reliable while your home.Screenshot_20220716-101032_Call settings.jpg
Axton
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, we would like to inform you that It might be due to the network server issue. We request you to use the Wi fi calling function. So, when you are at your home. You can make calls uninterruptedly through Wi fi calling.
With this feature, you can make calls and send messages over a Wi-Fi connection when cell service isn't available. Now you’ll never be denied by a weak signal again.
Please follow the given steps to turn on the Wi fi calling.

Navigate to and open the Phone app.

Tap the More options icon (the three vertical dots), and then tap Turn on Wi-Fi Calling on Galaxy phones.

Tap Wi-Fi Calling, and then tap the switch to turn the feature on. If you receive a popup asking you to enter your Emergency contact information, review and enter the requested information, and then tap Save.

Wi-Fi calls will now be enabled. To turn Wi-Fi Calling off, just tap the switch again.

On some phones, you can also enable Wi-Fi Calling from the Quick settings panel. Swipe down from the top of the screen using two fingers, and then tap the Wi-Fi Calling icon to turn it on.

When you turn on Wi-Fi Calling, you can make calls over your phone's network connection. For this feature to work, your phone must be connected to a Wi-Fi network and have an active SIM card inserted.

OR  you can try to Reset Network Settings: Go to Settings >> General Management >> Reset >> Reset Network Settings >> Reset settings. This will reset all network settings, including those for Wi-Fi, Mobile Data, and Bluetooth. keep us posted if the issue is resolved.

0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

"Network server", wouldn't have anything to do with Cell phone voice calls.

Might be a Carrier's Network Cell Tower issue, or simply the location of the towers in relation to the user.