Original topic:

Samsung Pay Expands in Canada with New Partners!

(Topic created on: 11-02-2017 08:39 AM)
Moderator_
Options
Galaxy S
Hey guys,

I know earlier in the year we've been announcing that new cards will be added to Samsung Pay later in 2017...so for those that aren't aware yet, just wanted to share this piece of news:

"Mississauga, ON – November 1, 2017 – Samsung Electronics Canada Inc. today announced the expanded availability of Samsung Pay, the widely accepted mobile payment system that works almost anywhere you can swipe or tap a card.* Following a successful introduction with CIBC in the Canadian market, Samsung remains committed to enhancing Samsung Pay and making it a holistic digital wallet extending beyond credit cards with the introduction of debit cards and new partners including Interac Debit, Scotiabank, American Express Canada, ATB Financial, Visa Canada and Mastercard. In addition, Samsung Pay will be made available soon to Tangerine and Peoples Card Services customers."

-Nick
devilzblood
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
I installed Samsung pay but every time I launch the app, it asks me to update it but it's already updated from the galaxy app store. anyone know why this is?
0 Likes
Moderator_
Options
Galaxy S
Hey @devilzblood, when exactly did you get this error? From my understanding our Pay team was in the process of deployment yesterday, which may have caused this one-time error. It should be resolved now so could you please give it another try? If the problem persists, you can also try going into Settings, Apps, Galaxy Apps, and then clearing the cache on that. That should also resolve any issues.

-Nick
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Hey @Nick, I see you noticed Interac Debit Cards, but I am guessing that is only with the supported banks right now?
0 Likes
Moderator_
Options
Galaxy S
Hey @SnowCat19, yes it's only with the supported banks right now. Thanks!

-Nick
0 Likes
Dylanb
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Any news when rbc will be supported?
0 Likes
Galaxy S
@Nick When will Samsung Pay support RBC? I'm not totally opposed to switching to a bank that supports SP, but I would rather just stay with the bank I've been with for years!
0 Likes
Dylanb
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
I've just switched from rbc since I doubt they will be support samsung pay. And I want to use samsung pay. Plus it's also cheaper for me with CIBC so it's a win win for me.
0 Likes
abdul
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
which is better samsung pay or android pay
0 Likes
少侠
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
No BMO ?
0 Likes
ike
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
@Nick when would Samsung pay be available on the gear smart watches in Canada ? I can't seem to find it anywhere