Original topic:

Samsung Pay not working on Samsung S10e (Canada)

(Topic created on: 10-31-2022 03:53 PM)
msysverms
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
Samsung Pay should be working on my phone but it isn't, and Google Pay isn't an option for me. I don't understand why it says it isn't available on my phone when I purchased my phone in Canada, live in Canada and have a compatible phone. Does anyone know how to fix this?

0 Likes
7 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

What is the model number of your S10e?

In Settings > About Phone > Status what does it say in Phone Status AND in Software Information what is the Security Patch Month?

If you purchased it from Amazon etc, it does not necessarily mean that it is a Canadian device & It MAY have been previously Rooted? 

Helenna
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, can you please let us know the model number of your device and also where did you purchase it from?

0 Likes
Galaxy S
Very good chance if you are getting that message, the device is not "originally" from Canada.
0 Likes
msysverms
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
Thanks for the advice, I noticed from the IMEI that it may have been manufactured in Finland. Is there a way to change this without getting an entirely new phone?
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

If the device is originally from Finland, there's no way to get Samsung Pay to work in Canada with a Canadian Carrier's SIM. 

You could probably get it to work, with a SIM from Finland though..

Not only is it virtually impossible to change the IMEI, it is also illegal. 

0 Likes
oooOmitoOooo
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
what are the main differences between google pay and samsung's?
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Probably the main difference are the Banks Credit / Debit cards that are supported.

You can still use Google Pay on a device that is Rooted using Magisk Hide, but you can never use Samsung Pay on a device, that has EVER been Rooted, whether it is Rooted now or not.