Original topic:

Samsung S10+ failed to update G975FXXSDFUI5 got blue screen

(Topic created on: 10-28-2021 04:37 PM)
Dominic-Cai
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy S

My Samsung S10+ model is SM-G975F/DS Philippines (Globe)

Last night I saw an update in my Samsung S10+. After it downloaded the update and installed it for a few seconds, it restarted and pop up a blue screen with the status Downloading. I search the error and follow the instruction in https://r1.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-a/hash-of-data-does-not-match-digest-in-descriptor-2nd-3/...

I download the newest firmware from https://www.sammobile.com/samsung/galaxy-s10-plus/firmware/SM-G975F/GLB/download/G975FXXSDFUI5/15859...

And flashed it using Odin3 from the same site, it downloaded around 80% and got the error "Custom Binary(SYSTEM) Block by OEM Lock"

I tried to restart and got the error "An error has occurred while updating the device software. Use the Emergency recovery function in the Smart Switch PC software."

Is there anyone knows how to fix this issue?

Thank you very much in advance.

14 Comments
Dominic-Cai
Active Level 2
Galaxy S

Now I won't able to get into Recovery mode anymore. After I flashed CSC and restart the cell phone, it was displayed Erasing... then went back to download mode. I remembered last time when it was in Recovery mode, I tried Factory Reset and got failed, I wiped out all the two options I don't remember exactly what they were, wiped out data and partitions, I think.

0 Likes
Dominic-Cai
Active Level 2
Galaxy S

So is there any way to make it work again? I still want to fix it myself. I'm not sure if this is a hardware issue. Besides, it's stuck at AP vendor.img, there was something on this issue.

0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

I've been using Odin for more than a decade & I've never, not been able to Flash Samsung's stock firmware. I know that doesn't help you at all, it's just I'm really surprised that you aren't able to get all 4 files "Pass".

I've even had a situation after Flashing a custom Rom, where the device couldn't Boot because something failed & no operating system was present or installed. But I was still able to get it to Boot into the "protected" partition & Flash the Stock Firmware with Odin.

I know that there's a "pit" file option in Odin, but I've never used it & so not fame with it at all. 

At this point, if I was in your situation, I would honestly take it to a Samsung Service center & ask them to try to in the Samsung Firmware... 

I don't have any other ideas, other than trying to Flash the 4 files, one at a time again. 

Did you verify that the size of the downloads was identical from Sammobile & Frija? 

0 Likes
Dominic-Cai
Active Level 2
Galaxy S

OK. Thank you very much for your help. I'll make some more tests before bringing it to Samsung Service Center. It's quite far from my place but I would do my best for this.

0 Likes
Samsung_Brad
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
0 Likes