Original topic:

samsung s10

(Topic created on: 03-24-2021 09:38 AM)
CarrieP
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
So my battery life is next to nothing even with all the advanced settings. Last week it started to heat up while charging. No everytime it is charging the phone gets extremely hot. Is this pos gonna start on fire? I even take the case off to help keeping it cooler.
0 Likes
4 Comments
Galaxy S

Couple initial troubleshooting steps you can go through first.

- Try go to Google Play Store and do an update for all apps, which includes Android System Webview and Chrome. Since last week, these Google system apps causing apps crashed and some apps stuck in the background so that phones got heat.

- Next, try go to Recovery mode and do the Wipe Cache Partition. Steps as follow:

- Power off your phone
- Press and hold vol up, Bixby key and power key until you are in recovery mode
- use vol up and down to navigate
- select Wipe Cache Partotion
- press power key to confirm
- click yes
- click reboot system

Monitor your phone and see if your phone still acting hot as usual

- And all above is not resolved, you may need to bring your phone to Samsung authorized shop or SES to have someone inspect it. It could be hardware problem.

Ray1
Expert Level 2
Galaxy S

On S10 you need to hold the Volume Up key, Bixby key and Power keys  all at same time to boot into recovery

Galaxy S

Thanks for your correction. I will make the changes. Thanks again Ray2.

0 Likes
Valeriya
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, Firstly let's check the status of the battery. Please go to Samsung Members App which is preinstalled on your device >> Tap Interactive checks >> Tap on battery. Let us know the error message if you get any and write back to us.

0 Likes