Original topic:

Samsung S20 and service center a total disappointment

(Topic created on: 12-23-2021 09:37 AM)
Koalica
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S

I got my samsung s20 some time early last year after a lovely experience with my s5e tablet, i was impressed with samsung. Upon getting my s20 i noticed it ran a bit hot but the issue disappeared with a software update. 

I enjoyed my phone and with the water resistant rating i was glad my phone vould withstand splashes.Recently when water splashed on my phone however the cameras would fog up and take a day to dry off.

Then there were times when my screen started to become overly bright and phone felt very hot making it unusable unless i switch it off for a few hours. I used the chat service to try and get a solution but it did not solve the problem (reset data, safe mode..) but the chat agent also told me that the water resistant rating does not mean i can run the phone under a tap because the tests done by samsung was with submerging in "clear water" but our house water could have chlorine - this was ridiculous to me on many levels..

Then i couldn't charge with the cable but luckily was able to use wireless charging. 

Brought it to service center and the advice was not specific. First they told me i had to pay rm880 to replace the screen but after 3 months there is no guarantee that it will resolve the issue. Then when i mentioned charging port they told me it could be charging port or overheating or motherboard.. service guy even said because i use a cover with my phone so i may not have felt the phone was too hot but isn't this something that the phone should alert users on? 

I tried a hard reset as one of the possible reasons the service center told me was a buggy software - still unable to charge via charging port but i have now reduced this phone to very minimal functions fearing that the screen would face that issue again.

Since the hard reset I decided to use the phone without a casing and that was ehen i noticed the back panel has actually lifted a bit on the top - barely noticable and definitely wouldn't be noticeable with a case on. Why didn't service center even point this out? They didn't do a thorough check at all. 

Samsung if you just check forums and youtube videos i'm not the only one with this issue and you should really take note and acknowledge the problem. Furthermore i recall a few months after getting this s20, the s20 FE was released which made me feel really stupid for paying flagship prices and especially now when the phone and service support is so disappointing. 

How the service agent advised me very quickly to just get a new device made this feel like a total scam..  selling a defective product so that customers will replace their devices quickly. 

2 Comments
DonAiman
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
Hi.. i feel sorry for you. Pls highlight this matter to Samsung careline so that they can take note and take some actions towards your concern perhaps. Do share with us what is the feedback from 'em. Coming from consumer's perspective, we'd love to know whats next 👌
0 Likes
KJ26
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
It's probably the service crew that caused the back cover to become loose 😅🤣. Anyways, I'm so sorry you are going thru this experience with your phone and also the inept and ridiculous comment and solutions given by Samsung Malaysia's staff. I have gone thru a very similar experience to yours with my note 20 ultra which was only 45 days to 60 days old. The comments and treatment I received is as ridiculous as yours and we won't be the last ones to complain about them.
My solution to this whole experience was to have this Samsung Note 20 ultra as my last Samsung phone, maybe it'll be wise for you to follow suit too.
0 Likes