Original topic:

Samsung S20 Fe 5g front camera blinks

(Topic created on: 12-07-2020 11:42 AM)
FA11
Active Level 5
Options
Galaxy S
My front camera cut out blinks randomly in apps like snap chat,  camera app and even in the calling app. It enlarges itself then goes back to normal size upon exiting. It is very weird and I really hope thats its a soft glitch. Is my phone a defect? 
11 Comments
Galaxy S
check for warranty and try contacting customer service.. they might do something about it. my sister's s20 FE is working good..
0 Likes
FA11
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
apparently a lot of ppl are experiencing this problem but I will contact Samsung.
0 Likes
Galaxy S
ok ill check
0 Likes
Galaxy S
taken from s20 fe selfie cam.. I'm not sure if there's a problem but will observe the camera.

received_5257605480919877_1941.jpg

received_740568570198079_1942.jpg

0 Likes
FA11
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
the problem is with the selfie cam cutout. it enlrages when you first open the cam app and then goes back to normal size upon existing. I tried to do a screen record to show what I am talking about but it just does not show it.
0 Likes
Galaxy S
ok. I'll observe that. thanks
FA11
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
would get your sis to check if her selfie cam enlarges itself when using it then back to normal upon existing the app?
0 Likes
Halston
Options
Galaxy S

Hi dominiquegrey,
The bright light of the screen may be affect the operation of the S20 FE camera while the front camera is used and, the front camera punching hole is temporarily enlarged to prevent this interference from the screen brightness. If Smart stay turns on, the front camera is operated periodically to check whether the user is looking at the screen or not, and the camera hole size is repeatedly changed. This is intended behavior and not the device defect.
If you feel this operation is very annoying, please turn Smart stay off on the following steps, Settings> Advanced Settings> Advanced features> Motions and gestures> Smart stay.

FA11
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
why is this behavior only on the s20 fe ? I had the ultra before and never experienced that.
0 Likes