Original topic:

Samsung S20 FE PEELING OFF

(Topic created on: 03-31-2023 08:35 AM)
Nusy
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S

I purchased a Samsung S20 FE phone on contract June 2021. I have paid over £800. In the last 2 months the back of the phone has started to peel off and is flaking. Took it back to Samsung as I have a warranty. They said that the warranty is void because of a scratch on the camera and I would have to pay £170 to fix the back of the phone.

This is ridiculous because this is an aesthetic problem that is happening to others with the same phone some have only had the phone for 8 months some a year but the engineer failed to acknowledge this because he said there were only 'some' customers that have had this problem.

I am very upset because I only got this expensive phone because of the good camera and because I wanted to keep it for some years to come. Now I am stuck with a phone that will be unusable within a few months maybe 6 maximum because the peeling will eventually leave the back of the phone exposed and dangerous to use as I've seen from other customers.

DO NOT PURCHASE THIS PHONE !!

0 Likes
4 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
Sorry to hear. Thats why it is very important to put a cover to protect it. I have three including S20 FE and no complaint of yours so far as all of them had a cover as soon it was purchased.
0 Likes
Montreal1
Active Level 8
Galaxy S

First, you are on the CANADIAN site of Samsung. Second, we never had any problem with our 3 S20FE. Third, it's probably caused by the kovid.

0 Likes
Deeezzyyy
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
I'm sorry to hear about your experience. But how exactly does an aesthetic issue, back paint peeling or flaking, will cause the phone to be unusable?

It's not like the back is actually cracking and leaving openings...
0 Likes
Helenna
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, we certainly understand your frustration and we're sorry to hear about your experience.

As you have mentioned aesthetic problem. Unfortunately, as the technician had already examined the device and confirmed, it will be a paid service. 

0 Likes