Original topic:

Samsung S20 Overheating

(Topic created on: 08-10-2020 06:34 PM)
Lancerism
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
Have this happened to your phone guys?
I had closed all aps and just open my S20 camera about 5mins and it became overheat...
Even surfing using chrome and stable connection (WiFi), this phone became overheat...
I have no idea why...
I heard that the culprit is the processor Exynos in S20
10 Comments
Galaxy S
Hi @Lancerism, first thing first, welcome to Samsung Members Indonesia community.
Currently, what Samsung Galaxy S20 type that you are using? Is it S20, S20+ or S20 Ultra?

And may I know if this issue happens from the first time you brought this phone, or this is the first time?
0 Likes
Lancerism
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
hi ...
i'm using S20...
0 Likes
Lancerism
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
hi baleee2014 ...
thank you for responding this thread..

currently I'm using Samsung S20..
I think from couple months..
I thought it was normal, but after I notice my phone is hotter than my wife (Samsung Note 9) with same connection & same apps, something's wrong with my phone...

I search in forum, they said that's the problem of S20...

I just came to Samsung Store, I compared every phones' temperature and I found out that S20 is hotter than other phones on display..
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Hi @Lancerism, no worries!
Oh, I see. Yes, I've read some complaints about S20 Series that is having this issue.
Anyway, have you tried to update your Galaxy S20 to the latest patch?
If you are using SEIN (Samsung Electronic Indonesia) Galaxy device, the latest update is Security Patch Level 1 July 2020, and this update released on 24 July 2020.

Hopefully with the new update or may be new OS later on, the S20 Series will get much improvements.

Hope it helps. 😊
0 Likes
Lancerism
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
I have updated my phone from 24 July...
0 Likes
Lancerism
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
I have updated the firmware, but it doesn't work....
my phone is getting hot even open e-commerce apps and using Wifi..
actually, my wife is using Note 10 and did same thing like my S20 did, unfortunately her phone's temp is normal but mine is hot
0 Likes
Moderator2
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S

Hi Lancerism, you can follow the instruction from baleee2014. hope it helps. thank you

0 Likes
Lancerism
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
thank you.. I have updated and re-install it from Samsung Store... let's see... hope that it can help
0 Likes
Galaxy S
hello , if your phone overheat try the method below :

1. first , activate power saving mode
2. reduce brightness your phone until 25%
3. Remove your case, if you use extra case
4. close all apps.

or you can go to service center for check your phone