Original topic:

Samsung S20 Ultra Disappointments

(Topic created on: 11-28-2021 03:14 PM)
amajetic
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
I've had my Samsung S20 Ultra for 1 year 3 months,  For the past several months I've been experiencing issuea r the past 6 months,  1) slowly the  battery would be to be leas powerful and  the charge wouldn't last as long as it did in the past, 2) then the phone started becoming sluggish regardless of the 5G service that I have with BellMobility in Toronto, Canada.  Then September came and my camera just stopped working after an update that was performed.  I took my phone into the Samsung Experience store at Toronto Eaton Centre on a Sunday afternoon and that was a mistake, nobody in service was willing to help.  With only 4 experience stores within the Toronto area it took me another month to get back to the store.  I was told I must pay $35 plus taxes for a diagnosis which wasn't refundable but I'd have a quote for repairing my phone.  I agreed and went to do some shopping for my 10 year old son, BTW I'm a single dad and money is very important to me and him as well I'm sure with everyone else.  When I came back an hour later I was told that the issue was with the  main board and the cost to fix would be $672.  I laughed as I thought this was a joke, when the lady asked how I'd like to proceed I realized she was serious.  I inquired how this would happen and she said she's never seen this before either but my opinion was out of warranty and there was nothing they could do.  I questioned her abit more about how a "Flagship" phone that was billed as an all you need business solution could have this happen?  She reiterated that the phone was out of warranty and there was nothing she could do.  I demanded her and the rest of Samsung give their collective heads a shake and fix my phone for free.  She said it was doubtful that it would happen, I asked her who I needed to speak to and she said they could escalate this issue but want hopeful as Samsung was very firm with the warranty.  We proceeded to start the paperwork after I proved my contract date with Bell Mobility, while inspecting my phone she noticed it was in near perfect shape after I took it out of the phone case.  I asked her when I could expect a call from Samsung with a resolution and she told me within the week.  When I didn't receive a call by that coming Thursday I proceeded to call the store, good luck no department answers the phone(not sure why they pay for that service).  I then proceeded to email the store and again, good luck nobody responds to that either.  Now we're at 2 weeks later, I then proceed to engage with the Samsung Text service and explained my issue and they ask me to do the above.  I collect my thoughts before I blow up on the person or BOT on the other end.  I then calmly state, no you have someone contact me, that's how customer service works.  3 days later a manager who's been off for an extended period of time calls me and asks why I'm contacting them as he sees my phone has been repaired 2 weeks prior.  I proceed to tell him my story and he cuts me off and tells me his story and that he's not interested in what has happened and confirms my phone can be picked up.   I go to pick up my phone and find it has been repaired under Samsung Warranty.  Again when I ask why I haven't been contacted I was cut off by the service lady and given my phone, refunded my $200 security deposit for a **bleep** A5 from 2017.  No offer of discount for any future purchase or apology.  Now my charger doesn't work and as small of an issue this seems to be I'm reminded of the issues I've experienced over the past couple months and this to.me is  the proverbial straw that broke the camels back.  After 20+ years of Samsung phones I will sever this longstanding relationship  after my contract comes to an end with Bell Mobility and will be looking to replace my Samsung device.  To think I wanted to purchase a Samsung Watch as well, dodged a bullet there.  As a quick note Samsung an apology goes a long way in keeping relationships.
3 Comments
Georgine
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, We apologize for the inconvenience caused. Samsung provides 12 months of manufacturer warranty and the device must be purchased from a Samsung authorized Canadian retailer. The device must not have any physical/Liquid Damages/software modification for it to be covered by the Samsung 1 year limited parts and labor manufacturer’s warranty.

0 Likes
amajetic
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
Hi Georgine-I completely agree that if my phone had water damage/modifications or even a scratch on it then the likelihood of me being negligent and deliberately causing damage should be my responsibility to fix. As I stated in my original post, the service desk lady was impressed at the impeccable shape my phone was in and commented about it being in nearly new condition. There were many touch points that could've taken this less than ideal situation and turned it around to a positive and that's the underlying issue here. You like the rest of your Samsung coworkers have missed identifying what my concern is about. Service and User engagement are what matters most, phones/tvs/automobiles all experience some type of defect. How a company deals with it and approaches the end user/consumer is always most important. So with you so diligently poiting out Samsung Warranty Pokicy and missing the real point is the reason why a long term customer as myself will be looking for a new phone manufacturer in the future. Please pass this onto your senior leadership team so they can work on new user experience policies to wow and delight the customer at every touch point.
iFlYSoLo
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Samsung doesn’t care about relationships. Check out all the posts about the shipping delays for the new models and lack of empathy from the company. Like you, many others will now jump ship.