Original topic:

Samsung s20 ultra green/white screen

(Topic created on: 01-25-2022 09:42 PM)
Kerwincyyyy
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S

So, my phone was perfectly fine until yesterday. Didn't drop it or anything, the screen just turned into flickering green and white lines. Searched online and found out I'm not the only one having this issue and people have had their phones repaired for free despite being out of warranty by the Samsung service center. Did I receive a faulty device or this is just normal for a Samsung phone? Please help. 

15 Comments
NaethrenSH
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Try to take your phone to Samsung Authorized service centre.
0 Likes
GalaxyNoteFit
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
This is happen to Galaxy Note 9.
0 Likes
krushnamandlik7
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

I have the same problem with Samsung mobile. I have a S20 Ultra phone. Customer carers are doing the wrong thing. My phone's display is slowly increasing this problem. Will never buy a Samsung phone again

bigstackbully
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Already switched to Apple at least you get good quality service

0 Likes
Galaxy S

Same problem with me just yesterday, 24 October 2023. S20 Ultra 5G with Exynos. 

Very very dissapointed.

i have used Samsung S7, S8, S10, S10 Note.

S20 makes me frustated.

I changed to OPPO Reno10 Pro+

Bye bye Samsung.

20231025_112041.jpg

20231025_112229.jpg

  

0 Likes
Skylar7
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

My S20 recently occurred the same problem.  Still figuring how to fix this. Will try to go to the Samsung service center. Seems like it is a faulty since phones got repaired for free despite expiry of warranty. I love Samsung tho, never had a problem with my previous galaxies. such a let down.

0 Likes
Kerwincyyyy
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Wow they repaired the phone for free despite expiry of warranty? Good for you! May I know where you are from? Because from where I'm from(Malaysia), they told me I might have dropped my phone and damaged the display(they were very very rude) or something when I brought my phone over and they said the display has to be replaced and that I have to pay for the new display because my phone was already out of warranty(even though i did not drop it and the screen suddenly turned white lol). They even did a diagnostic test on my phone and there was no physical damage on the display(which is what i told them but they immediately assumed i dropped my phone 🤣 🤣). So when I went back to collect the phone, I told the lady that I've seen people getting their phone repaired for free because of the same display issue I'm having and that I might have bought a faulty s20, we argued a little because her attitude was bad. She said she would help me appeal for a free of charge repair when I left but there's no news from her since then. Luckily my phone magically fixed itself few days after I took it back from the Samsung service centre, it has been working fine since then. I wouldn't have any problem paying for the new display if i really did drop the phone or if this isn't a worldwide known s20 display issue. And I hope Samsung can be more careful when they hire their employees at the service centre, the people I had to deal with were very rude and not helpful at all. So yea I'll never buy any Samsung product again.
0 Likes
Skylar7
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Sorry for misunderstanding. I just quoted back from your comment previously. Haha. Thought it was a faulty, hence they repaired it for free. I'm planning to go to the service center, but I didn't go yet. So you went and left your phone there? Did they fixed it for you?
0 Likes
bigstackbully
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Using since Samsung note 1 but this s20 ultra will be the last. Huge let down from Samsung

0 Likes