Original topic:

Samsung S20FE blurry images

(Topic created on: 10-24-2021 07:05 AM)
SamanthaW
Beginner Level 3
Options
Galaxy S

I recently purchased the Samsung S20FE.  
Very disappointing photo quality to the extent where I am wondering if perhaps there is something wrong with the phone. 
Photos & written screen shots sent from another phone come through blurry.  
Picture quality despite changing settings to the best of my research is not helping.  No detail quality.  
Prior phone was a Galaxy S9+.  Was I wrong to think the SE20FE would be an upgrade despite losing some features.  
Could the photo quality be a malfunction of the phone, or in line with what the phone is able to do?

0 Likes
3 Comments
QuanNguyennn
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Might be a photo resolution error, make sure the photos being sent (to either phone) display ok and in the proper resolution

To make things simpler, take pictures in 1080p (and not 4k) and send those kind of pictures back and forth to whomever you need to
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Photo sent through MMS, Whatsapp, Messenger...etc. will most likely reduce photo resolutions.

If you check the photo file size from another phone, you will noticed the file size reduced after reaching your phone. Therefore, not your phone problem.

So, if you want original quality photos, you may want to try using Nearby sharing, QuickShare or Private Shate between phones or upload the photos to cloud storage (Google Drive, Google Photo, OneDrive...etc), then download the photo to your phone.
0 Likes
Reynaud
Options
Galaxy S

Comparing both the models Camera is better in S20 Fe. As you have mentioned "Photos & written screen shots sent from another phone come through blurry", this could be the fault of the senders Phone camera which could be of low resolution or the images will get compressed if they are not sent in the original and full format, which would reduce the picture quality.

0 Likes