Original topic:

samsung s20plus esim

(Topic created on: 02-23-2021 06:42 AM)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S
Samsung just released esim capability with
UI 3.1 update in India where they were locked out from like us in Canada. Hope we will get the same treatment but i would not pin on it🤔
0 Likes
6 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

From everything I've seen, pretty sure it's a "no" for Canada. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
yes it will be true there wont be one
0 Likes
Halston
Options
Galaxy S

Hi Randy63,
We do not have official information about the availability of eSIM on Samsung S20plus. As of now, this option is not available on Samsung devices in Canada.
Please verify the official Samsung Canada news frequently from the link below: https://news.samsung.com/ca/

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S

lol🤣 its the standard reply i was expecting anyway. wanna hear something different next time. thanks anyways Halston
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Well, don't feel too bad, afaik eSIM isn't working on Samsung phones in the US either. 

The explanation is apparently the Carriers don't want eSIM to be enabled. It would potentially make it too easy for people to switch carriers, and no doubt that Samsung gets some kind of kickback from the carriers, you know to keep Samsung's apps Ad free.. Oops. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
Tmobile has finally released the esim feature on s20 untra as of march update. Hope all samsung devices get the same update here in Canada too. Keeping my finger crossed😀
0 Likes