Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Samsung S21 FE 5G battery life awful

(Topic created on: 09-06-2022 01:24 PM)
VanJam
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
Purchased this phone last week and the battery is absolutely awful. Lucky to get 3 to 4 hours screen on time. Everything is pretty much turned off including 5G in the settings. I've never seen a phone with such a large battery like this drain the battery so bad. Some days charging it twice a day. Will be returning to store this week. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungCass
Options
Galaxy S

Hi!

If you have concerns regarding the battery performance of your phone, we'd suggest raising an error report through the Samsung Members application by following the steps below. Lodging these reports if issues arise allows our Samsung Members team to review diagnostic data sent through. It is best to submit this within 2-3 minutes of the issue occurring.

Samsung Members (application) > Get help > Error reports

Please keep in mind that actual battery life varies by network environment, features and apps used, frequency of calls and messages, number of times charged, and many other factors

View solution in context

0 Likes
12 Comments
Galaxy S
Hey there,

Sounds like you may have a rogue application that is draining your battery life.

Is you phone consistently warm?

My friend has the S21 FE and it last her pretty much 9am-7pm with ease with roughly 4-5 (sometimes 6 depending on brightness levels) hours on screen time

If you've only had it for a short period of time, I recommend using it for about a week since the software will learn and adapt its resources to your needs. Thus improving battery life overtime.
0 Likes
VanJam
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
Hey there, thanks for your reply. The phone is not consistently warm. Also I don't use many apps at all. Have been using this for a week now and don't see any improvement. Battery health has already dropped to 99%.
0 Likes
Solution
SamsungCass
Options
Galaxy S

Hi!

If you have concerns regarding the battery performance of your phone, we'd suggest raising an error report through the Samsung Members application by following the steps below. Lodging these reports if issues arise allows our Samsung Members team to review diagnostic data sent through. It is best to submit this within 2-3 minutes of the issue occurring.

Samsung Members (application) > Get help > Error reports

Please keep in mind that actual battery life varies by network environment, features and apps used, frequency of calls and messages, number of times charged, and many other factors

0 Likes
Galaxy S

No matter what you do these s21 fe stay on a charger , piss poor quality phone period. 

0 Likes
shaunm89
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
I had the same phone and the battery was really bad I get much better life out of z flip 4 which has a much smaller battery
VanJam
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
So much for Samsung's "fan edition". You could never be a fan with battery life this bad. Most other phones with smaller batteries last way longer than this.
AndrewJC
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
I've been thinking about buying a z flip, the battery life is the most important feature when purchasing a phone in my opinion.
0 Likes
adadrian
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
My friend had a fe20 and the battery was amazing
eeen
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy S

As per the above message I have both an s20FE 4g and now an s21FE 5g (with the old 4g sim in it). The older model out performs the newer one with regard to the batteries. I notice that, despite using all of the adaptive settings, no animations, and putting unused apps to sleep - there is still significant battery drainage when the phone is idle. I'll try to  send in some diagnostics on this and let you all know how it goes.

Aside from the battery issue, it's a great phone and the camera is greatly improved.

0 Likes