Original topic:

Samsung S21+ Green line on screen

(Topic created on: 02-08-2023 12:58 PM)
R0CKY
Beginner Level 5
Options
Galaxy S
Dear Samsung Members,

My Samsung S21+ purchased 2 years ago showing green lines on the right side of the screen. Factory resetting not fixing the issue.

Please advise if there is any solution, its out warranty now and there is no phsyical damage to the phone.

Thank you

3 Comments
JuwelMolla
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
This Problem is not only for Samsung devices. Others devices also have facings this same problem. If you use your phone like before you need to change your display.
SRizal
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
Before this s20 family...now s21 next s22,after 2year...my fon s21+
WinnieC
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

If you ask me, i would say is depend on luck. If you are lucky, you might escape from this issue or the other way round. Worst come to worst. Lol. 

This kind of issue always happen to Android devices and not just Samsung alone. Some times it always give me a double or triple planning/ thinking if i really go for a high end devices because if something happen like this, it will be a nightmare. 

If it is software issue, you might try out:

- Restart phone by switching off and on again.

- Go to Safe Mode and check if you are able to see the green line disappear or not. Then you are probably experiencing a problem with the operating system or a setting. If you are able to see the green line disappear in Safe Mode, then you are probably experiencing a problem with the operating system or a setting (then you can check what is your last application install or any settings you change lately, so that you can delete the application and settings).

- final option is to do factory reset (make sure you do backup).

If the above still cannot solve your problem, then it will be due to hardware problem. Then you have to contact Samsung support team. As you know repairing might cost a lot there.