Original topic:

Samsung S21 Ultra Monthly patch security update

(Topic created on: 01-06-2022 07:10 AM)
Benny_85
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
Question, since I'm here in Canada I'm not receiving the monthly security patch as normal. Just received the One UI 4 android 12 on December 6th. But, I didn't get any other security patch corresponding to December. It's January and still nothing else, is that normal here in Canada that Samsung doesn't bring the patches Monthly??? 
0 Likes
4 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

The One UI V4.0 update that you received was pulled by Samsung shortly after it was released. 

There was a Google Services compatibility issue for some users. 

Yes Canada receives monthly Security Patch Updates. Just hold on to your shorts, Samsung was busy fixing the issues with the initial release of One UI V4.0 for the S21 series & other devices. 

Monthly Security Patch Updates are often towards the end of the month, for the previous month. That's just the way it has been. 

0 Likes
Benny_85
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Ooooh ok. Wow!!! Good to know that. Thank you million times. Appreciate it!!!!
Galaxy S

I am here in Canada as well. It is now the end of March and I'm still on the Jan 1st security patch? Did they have issues with the last 2 updates I wonder? I'm having all sorts of issues with my s22 ultra, mostly reception issues and I'm hoping the next update fixes it. It becomes unusable at times. Reception will drop from 5 bars to 1 and back to 5 and then back to 1. It's all over the place

0 Likes
GrimOak
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
December SMR was delayed due to OneUI 4 bugs and will have fixes to them ... December SMR due for S21 series on January 11th
0 Likes