Original topic:

SAMSUNG S22 ULTRA, CARE+ (CLAIMS) Asurion, LLC Doesn't honor SAMSUNG Care+ Service Contract.

(Topic created on: 04-19-2022 09:21 AM)
Purple004
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S

SAMSUNG CARE+ Claims (Asurion, LLC Doesn't honor SAMSUNG Care+ Service Contract.) SMSG-958055-22_SC COV53532

To Whom it may concern,

I purchased the pre-paid 2yr Samsung Care+ contract ($219.99) with My new Samsung S22 Ultra. Well I dropped my phone today on some pebbles and cracked my phone screen. So I pull up the Samsung care+ service contract coverage.  Clearly on page 2 under (Device Tier) It stats that the Samsung S22 Ultra is listed under Tier 3.  So I look at the Service Contract Fees and For Tear 3 it states  (ADH Replacement Claims $99) (ADH Repair Claims $29). So now I know what The Claim fee will be correct? Wrong! After speaking with Samsung Associate on Live messenger from the Samsung website, he directed me to the Care+ link to file a claim. So I followed the steps on the link put all correct information that was requested. It requested payment of $274.** So naturally I backed out. I went back to my conversation with the Samsung associate. Told him I wasn't very happy, due to the amount for the claim. He expressed that that was wrong and I should try calling the Care+ phone number. He assured me that it's only be $99. for replacement and $29 for repair. So I calmed down and called Samsung Care+. I spoke to a nice Indian lady named Hannah "I think?" She Proceeded to tell me that it is in fact the $249. plus fees and taxes to have the screen replaced. She told me that the Care+ contract is out dated and came out before the S22 Ultra. I explained, that cant be right. because if that was the case the Contract wouldn't have the S22 ultra listed as Tier 3. Then she wanted me to give approval to charge my card for the $274+ and she can send me a replacement. I expressed that I feel that's not right, per the contract I am looking at as we speak. She then sounds flustered and offers to get me on the line with a Samsung associate. Finally after being on hold for a few I get another gentleman. I briefly explain what has happened and he states he cannot hear me that well. So I repeat myself, He offer to transfer me to Care+. I told him they were the ones that transferred me to him. He says he is gonna try and resolve the issue then hangs up... I scheduled a call for the morning, I'm gonna try another go at it in the morning before work. If they actually call me. I hope no one has to deal with this same issue. I will try and post updates regarding this issue I am having. I just hate that you purchase a service and it has to be this difficult to get it honored. 

Thank You

Purple004 - 04/17/22

9 Comments
iFlYSoLo
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Samsung customer service is a joke.
Helenna
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, We sincerely apologize for the inconvinience caused to you.

We will forward this to the appropriate team and they will they'll contact you soon regarding your Samsung care+ plan.

0 Likes
uzairm87
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
Go to a Samsung store
silbie123
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
Is this for samsung care+ in Canada? Canada doesn't have asurion.
0 Likes
Andres0528
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S

What was the final outcome? I was about to buy this service but this is exactly what I was afraid of. This service has been terrible with prevoius appliances. If they charged that much, we are better off paying the $350 screen repair out of pocket instead of paying more than $130 a year plus $280 deductible.

Tycrazyguy
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S

Still terrible, i never respond on these things I literally made a user name to reply.

same exact thing is happened to me if you try to file online they will try and charge you the same price as walking in any certified store without insurance(~$360), so i call them to  ask about the discrepancy in price and they assure me i can just send in the phone and they will send me a new one for  $100 so i start my claim....

when continuing the claim online i get to the final page and it says please contact us, and when I call there service department they say they dont even have any s22 ultras to ship me. told me  they would put me on a wait list for one, but no email confirmation or anything. i call them again today (13 days later) and ask what's going on they tell me still no devices but after 14 days they can send me a "buy out check" i ask if it covers a brand new device and they said they cannot disclose the amount.(keep in mind i can go on Samsung's website and order a new phone and it will be here tomorrow so how can the FIRST PARTY insurance not be able to get a device).

I guess I should have known when the FIRST PARTY insurance isn't even through the same company? I'm a Forman for a power company and I need a phone for work, i bought the stupid insurance so i wouldn't have to worry about a wait if i ever broke my phone(let alone 2+) weeks

in hindsight I wish I woulda just bit the bullet and replaced the screen at best buy(certified by Samsung) for the $365

-can post update on "Buy out" price if i remember

Naheda
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
The Samsung S22 ultra is anything but good.
The screen cracked easier than cookies
Disappointed with my very expensive purchase
I tried to fix it, it costs only 440$+ tax☹️
Waw, what a price, you could go broke with the repair price
I don't know why should we buy something extremely expensive and very soft
Galaxy S
I dropped my S22 ultra on concrete with no damage.
0 Likes
CR39
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
As a long term Samsung Customer since The Galaxy S4 phones , the way I have been treated By Asurion and Samsung I'm disgusted in how no resolution in my case was resolved due to dead lines for my trade in.

Now after 3 weeks of hell and wasted time , 13-15 calls later .
I finally had some responses and viewed pictures of My returned phone and Asurion Claiming there was damage to the screen and wanted to give me a Value of $185cdn for my s22 ultra 512gb that by the way had Samsung Care+.
THE BEST PART
my screen was not broken!
I would never keep a broken phone when I have Warranty !
I sent a phone back with no damage to the back or front "Screen" prior to shipping!

(ASURION) the email I received from them you cannot reply back !
A link to click to resolve your issue that takes you back to the Samsung site !
Customer support chat with no success either.

And again wait ....
We will call you
Don't worry 24-48hours!
What a joke!

I can't even get my old phone back ! Due date has past !
Amazing! 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏
0 Likes