Thanks for reaching out to us here, while sharing your comments and experience on your Samsung Galaxy S22 having issues with fast draining battery and we apologize for the inconvenience it caused you.
You can automatically set optimizations once per day and clean up apps to free up Memory. When the following feature is activated, the most recently used apps remain open and all background apps are closed.
This only applies when the screen is off or the phone is not in use. You can set a time when the phone is not in use below for more convenient optimization.
Step 1. Go to Battery and device care and tap the more options icon.
Step 2. Tap “Automation”.
Step 3. Turn the “Auto optimize daily” toggle button on.
Step 4. Set the time for optimization. You can also turn on the “Close apps to free up memory” toggle button to get more space in your memory.
If you still experience issues with the battery, try this:
- Turn off Wi-Fi, GPS (location), and Bluetooth functions when not in use.
- Turn off the data synchronization function for Samsung and Google accounts.
(Settings > Accounts and backup > Manage account > Select Samsung/Google account ID > Sync account > (Contacts/Calendar, etc.).
- Delete unnecessary files or unused apps.
- Lower the screen brightness.
- If the product generates a lot of heat and the issue persists for a long time, stop using the product for a while. If the temperature does not go down, contact Samsung Support.
For more assistance and guidance, you may contact us on our online Samsung Customer Care support channels below.