Original topic:

samsung s9+ hot

(Topic created on: 08-06-2020 08:23 AM)
banvancouver
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
My Samsung s9+ had been intermittently getting hot when charging and even when not in use.  First I tried 'Wipe Cache' and 'Reboot system', which seem to temporarily solve the problem  but then it always come back.  Today, I "Updated the System", and that seemed to have solved the problem for the last 2 hours.  To do that, go to "settings" then choose "Software update" and follow instructions from there on.  My question is "why after 2 years of owning this phone do I have to suddenly manually update the system software?"  I had always assumed that it had been updating automatically for the past 2 years.
0 Likes
5 Comments
keagan
Options
Galaxy S

Hi banvancouver, To automatically download software updates, you have to enable the Auto download over Wi-Fi switch. It may be disabled unintentionally.

0 Likes
banvancouver
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
Hi Kegan, my auto update was turned on. I would like to add here that I my phone is now very significantly faster and my battery is depleting significantly slower. What a difference the update made. I hope SOMEONE IN SAMSUNG can take note of this. I was just one step away from buying a new phone because of this! Now my phone is working as good as new.
keagan
Options
Galaxy S

Hi banvancouver, I really appreciate you for coming forward and letting us know how you feel about your device and Samsung. Your feedback is really important to us. Have a nice day.

0 Likes
banvancouver
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
just noticed that I am having problem unlocking my phone with finger print after the system update. I have tried deleting and reloading finger print which seemed to solve the problem for a couple of hours and then the problem will return. BUT at the same time my Bank app, Health Insurance app and a few other apps seems to have no problem recognizing my finger print. SO, its a SAMSUNG PROBLEM!
0 Likes
keagan
Options
Galaxy S

Hi banvanvouver,  The fingerprint recognition sensor recognizes fingerprints. Ensure that the fingerprint recognition sensor is not scratched or damaged by metal objects, such as coins, keys, and necklaces. 

If you bend your finger or use a fingertip, the device may not recognize your fingerprints. Make sure to cover the entire fingerprint recognition sensor with your finger.

To improve recognition performance, register fingerprints of the hand used most often to perform tasks on the device.

In dry environments, static electricity can build up in the device. Avoid using this feature in dry environments or before using the feature, discharge static electricity by touching a metal object.

0 Likes