Original topic:

Samsung Video Player App

(Topic created on: 08-13-2021 06:12 PM)
Tao77
Active Level 6
Options
Galaxy S
Hope this question makes sense

When my videos are in internal or SD storage, I see them in the video player app. When they are in my Gallery, I do not see them in the video player app.

When I move them to Internal storage, they are duplicated in my Gallery

My question is where I store my videos to see them in this app but not have them duplicated in Gallery?

0 Likes
10 Comments
Galaxy S
Hmmm...Not too sure your last sentence mean.

However, since OneUI 3, the Gallery app will play video preview or play video within Gallery app. You need to click on video, then click 3 dots on bottom right, then click Open in video player.

So, using Video Player or Gallery are playing in the same folder.
0 Likes
Tao77
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Thanks Tallman, to explain, when the videos are on my SD, they all appear in video app. When they are in Gallery, they do not.
0 Likes
Galaxy S
If you open Settings → Apps → Video → Permissions

Is Files and media allowed
0 Likes
Tao77
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Hi Tallman, I just checked and yes it was enabled. Really do like Samsung apps but I think I will keep it simple and use Google Photos. Thanks everyone for the help!
Galaxy S
Interesting thou. My Video app shows both (SD and internal) videos. If you prefer using Google Photos, which is fine. But maybe try clear data and cache for Video apps and see if this fix your problem.
0 Likes
Tao77
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Okay, thanks I will try that as well. My Gallery app has been giving me issues for sometime - why I am frustrated with it. It takes older pictures from like 10 years ago and shows them as if they were from last week. Also have never seen the People Option to add the names of family in my pictures
Georgine
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, The gallery app is a simple tool to view, manage, and organize images and videos on your phone. So, it will show both the photos, videos of the internal memory and external memory(SD card).

0 Likes
Tao77
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
I like it, it's just that is has never worked and trust me, I have tried everything
0 Likes
Solution
Georgine
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, we suggest you to go for backup and reset. Here are the steps to backup your data:

Backup from Samsung account--Apps > Settings > Cloud > Backup > Select the data > Back up now.

Backup from Google account--Apps > Settings > Backup and reset.

Here are the steps for factory reset, settings>>General management>>Reset>>Factory data reset>>Scroll down to the bottom and tap on Reset>> Delete All.