Original topic:

Samsung

(Topic created on: 01-02-2023 09:23 PM)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S
I was using iPhone for all my life. In abril 2022 I decided to change to samsung. And I bought s21 ultra. It was the badest choice I did in my life . I don't know how user's except software doesn't update all devices together. Iphone update all there devices together in the sametime .i also wrote for them and they told me i have to wait untile the update get to my phone version 
I give samsung 1 star only 
16 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Well, you purchased the South American (Brazil) Exynos variant, to use with a Canadian Carrier, and you are upset because why?

Sure you can buy a vehicle, destined for the UK, and drive it in Canada, but then you are upset because your vehicle is Right Hand drive.. but outside of the UK, 

• Thailand

• South Africa

• Singapore

• New Zealand

• Malta

• Malaysia

• Kenya

• Japan

• Jamaica

• Isle of Man

• Ireland

• India

• Hong Kong

• Cyprus

• Channel Islands

• Caribbean Islands

• Australia

and a few other places, the rest of the world is Left Hand drive. 

Sounds like your "baddest" decision, wasn't purchasing a Samsung device.. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
U can buy iPhone in brasil . And it will be update every where in the world in the same time . And for u information I'm not upset with Canada. I'm upset with samsung
0 Likes
Helenna
Options
Galaxy S

Hi Ahmad_107, we are truly sorry for any inconveniences you have encountered because of the device.

Can you please help us with the model number of your device to assist you better?

0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

It is an Exynos SM-G998B from Brazil. 

Still want to assist better... 

doobydude
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
Lol! That's awesome
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
SM-G998B. I wrote for samsung CA and they told me to write for samsung in brasil or argentina. But even that they told me to that I have to wait until update appear on my phone .
0 Likes
TBone
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
Yes you have to wait until the software is available for your device and then available from your carrier. There are many different factors as to why software updates don't all come out at the same time. But honestly it's not a big deal because you can still use your device as you normally would with or with out the up date.
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Their device is the Exynos variant (Brazil), their Canadian Carrier will never have any Android Version Update, aside from the fact that it is not the Canadian Carriers that release the Android Version updates (or the monthly Security Patch OTAs), they come from Samsung's Servers. 

Also aside from the preceding, if it was coming from the Canadian Carriers, they wouldn't recognize the IMEI of their device. 

They could try to get the update using Smart Switch. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
Yeah. i know know now i have to wait. But the big thing that I bought the phone almost 1000$. And there other phone like A35 that are cheap and the have the newer version. And other thing. Im using canadian number And It was updating normaly .i only bought the phone from there .i have iphone 12 pro max. That I bought from dubai. And i used it in many countries with diferente numbers. And when apple have update all the devices update .i dont know if u understand my piont.

Its not like RedDog being smart and telling me about cars
0 Likes