(Topic created on: 06-26-2022 06:27 PM)
kuriouskiwiphotos
Active Level 9
Options
Galaxy S
Hi Guys
I need your help ?
I am a daily photographer and use my incredible Samsung10S everyday,
I love my device but may battery is slowly dying and a friend suggested to getting new model because my S10 won't be updated at the end of the year. I use my device a lot for photography, I want to buy a device with the best camera.
A lot of people have asked me what device I use and I tell them Samsung S10 as I've posted pictures on Social Media and have tagged my pictures with Samsung10S and Samsung Canada.
Is there a Samsung ambassador that could guide me in the direction on which device I should should buy and why, I would be the happiest man around because I love my Samsung products and they work well.
I have seen ambassador Ben and Tallman on the community page.
What do you suggest of me?
Look forward to hearing you opinions
KuriousKiwiPhotography
Thanks for your help

27 Comments
Galaxy S
Can you get S21 Ultra 5G?
Galaxy S
S21 or S22 ultra
0 Likes
Galaxy S
@kuriouskiwiphotos - I never own any S series. But I can see the differences between S10 photos and new phones photos. The most obvious different is S10 has very sharp picture. But since S20, 21 and 22, Samsung has 3 lenes now. I found that wide angle and zoom before 9x is pretty sharp and similar to S10 picture result. Once over 10x up to 30x, the quality slightly decrease. And of course anything over 30x, I would say...personal interest collections, like you want to see what's in far away, what kind of bird is it...etc. The quality is no good at all, it is just a gimmick.

But the new Note 22 Ultra, the night mode and night video are excellent. Also, you can save photos at RAW so that you can do some touch up afterwards.

In general speaking, I like my Note22U. If you don't want the pen, get S22.

I attached my recent photos here so that you can take a look. This forum will reduce the photo qualty, but the camera on 22 series are looks great to me so far. The attached photos, I did not add any filters or do any photo editing.20220613_075156_19143_1655128317.jpg20220612_161738_19132_1655072263.jpg20220612_125852_19102_1655060334.jpg
Galaxy S
They are very clear pictures.
Thanks for you help
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

You might also want to ask @Cassidy @ottawawalker. I know that both have a great deal of knowledge when it comes to photography. 

Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
@kurioukiwiphotos, i didn't realise that Kiwimart4 change the nickname for Kuriouskiwiphotos .. Sorry about that !

@RedDigRabbit Thanks for thinking that i have enough knowledge in photography BUT i am not a expert in the new technology of pixels binning or nona-binning from S21Ultra or S22Ultra 108MP technics.
The following link explains what is the difference in the new technology compare to the S10 technology.

https://www.androidauthority.com/what-is-pixel-binning-966179/

The S10 have big pixels and this is why the S10* series was/is one of the best phone's cameras of all time.
So you have 2 choices :
1. You change the battery in your S10 and use it for the cameras
2. You can trust @Tallman's comment, he say the truth but he gave you the bad information, Note22ultra doesn't exist, the S22Ultra is the new name that replace the Note with a S-Pen.
I suggest you to read about pixels binning and nona-binning (9 small pixels combined in 1) it will help you to make a decision.

I don't know if @Samsung_Ben can give us more links from Samsung to explain this new technology but I love my 10X magnification for macro photos and Samsung has taken a giant leap in Night Mode photography ( Nightography)

You are a really good photographer with your Samsung's device and many people are following you in the Samsung's Gallery so i think you're a kind of Ambassador in photography here on this forum...
I hope that it will help you a bit

Screenshot_20220627-121206_Chrome_118884_1656346752.jpg
Galaxy S
Thanks for they kind word and advise.
I love my Samsung10S for photography and believe Samsung has the best product around
Helenna
Options
Galaxy S

Hi kuriouskiwiphotos, we appreciate you for choosing our products. If you would like to purchase a new phone with good camera quality then the Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra is a good choice. 

Galaxy S22 Ultra has the most impressive portrait mode photos from a smartphone yet. It is a Note worthy phone with the slim and bold polished frame. The linear camera, accented by mirrored lens rings. With the massive pixel sensors and shape-shifting pixels, this phone has the most advanced Pro-grade Camera yet, packing the power of a professional's kit in one handheld device. you can shoot into the night without sacrificing quality.

It has 40MP selfie camera, 12MP Ultra Wide Camera, 108MP Wide-angle Camera, 10MP3x Optical Zoom Telephoto Camera 2, 10MP10x Optical Zoom Telephoto Camera 1.

The night with the big pixel sensor pulling in more light with minimal noise for movie set-level lighting, while the Super Clear Glass & Lens tone down lens flare for clear, bright frames.

The super Clear Glass covers the front of the Rear Camera, and the Wide-angle Camera is equipped with a Super Clear Lens both of which have an exclusive ultra-low reflection nano-coating. This specially engineered glass and lens help lessen lens flare when you take photos, even in the dark. The smoothest action in a Galaxy device yet. Galaxy S22 Ultra's Pro-grade Camera corrects shake at a 58% wider angle than its predecessor and delivers fast motion sampling to detect movements quickly and precisely, for steady-state clarity in each frame.

It has advanced Camera features:

• Auto framing : Your video stays centered and in focus, even if you move around or people go in and out of frame.
  • Director's view : The full quad camera system and record from multiple angles and the Selfie and Rear Cameras all at once. You can enjoy your feature film, or save the originals for a director's cut.
  • Single take : Tap the shutter to record up to 20 seconds of action, then wait as the Gallery populates multiple formats like stills, loops, hyperlapse video and more for you to choose from.
  • Selfie : AI brilliance brings light to dark photos on both the 108MP Wide-angle Camera and the 40MP Selfie Camera. Super Night Solution intelligently brightens up the scene so you can use the night to style your Portrait mode shots without losing details.
  • AI Edit : With the Object Eraser cuts things out of the photo without cropping, and Photo Remaster gives you the power to retouch with ease.

Please visit the below link to know more about the Galaxy S22 Ultra.

https://www.samsung.com/ca/smartphones/galaxy-s22-ultra/specs/

Galaxy S
Thanks for your feed back, much appreciated
0 Likes