Original topic:

Screen froze

(Topic created on: 11-17-2020 06:40 AM)
JDJC08
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy S
So the most frightening thing to me ever happened, for me at least. I have the S10, SM-G973W. My screen froze for about 5 minutes (but it felt way longer than that). I could not interact with the screen or had any effect pressing my buttons. It happened when I opened Instagram and swiped right to open the front camera to see if the bug in the app was resolved and it froze on me after that. After 5 minutes or so, I wasn't sure if pressing power button, up and down volume buttons, and Bixby button simultaneously would do anything and then my phone restarted itself. I was so scared because I thought was being hacked. To clarify, I  made this post after the matter. Did anybody else experience this? I also sent an error report through here too. Will proceed to do the usual and whatever else I can do.
0 Likes

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Solution
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

You should be able to force restart your phone by pressing and holding the power + volume down if this happens again. You should also see a notification that your phone did not shut down normally, with an option to send the bug report to Samsung.

View solution in context

Solution
Halston
Options
Galaxy S

Hey JDJC08,
Make sure that the phone is up to date and all the apps are also updated to the latest version.
Note: If you press the three buttons (Volume up+Bixby+Power) simultaneously for 1-2 minutes, it will restart the device. It is a force start option to solve the issue if the phone freezes.
Please verify your phone in safe mode for 24 hours to diagnose the issue whether the third apps cause the issue.
1-Turn the device off.
2-Press and hold the Power and the Volume Down buttons at the same time, to turn the device on.
3-When you see the Samsung logo appear on the screen, you can let go of the Power button while the device boots up. Make sure to keep holding the Volume Down button.
4-You will now be able to see Safe Mode down near the bottom left of the screen.
Note: To exit from safe mode, just restart your device.

View solution in context

4 Comments
Solution
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

You should be able to force restart your phone by pressing and holding the power + volume down if this happens again. You should also see a notification that your phone did not shut down normally, with an option to send the bug report to Samsung.

JDJC08
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Thank you. That's probably what did it. I didn't get the notification though but I did report the error through here.
0 Likes
Solution
Halston
Options
Galaxy S

Hey JDJC08,
Make sure that the phone is up to date and all the apps are also updated to the latest version.
Note: If you press the three buttons (Volume up+Bixby+Power) simultaneously for 1-2 minutes, it will restart the device. It is a force start option to solve the issue if the phone freezes.
Please verify your phone in safe mode for 24 hours to diagnose the issue whether the third apps cause the issue.
1-Turn the device off.
2-Press and hold the Power and the Volume Down buttons at the same time, to turn the device on.
3-When you see the Samsung logo appear on the screen, you can let go of the Power button while the device boots up. Make sure to keep holding the Volume Down button.
4-You will now be able to see Safe Mode down near the bottom left of the screen.
Note: To exit from safe mode, just restart your device.

Dinosaurus
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
how about on S20 plus 5G ?
0 Likes