Original topic:

Screen issue with my galaxy s 20 ultra

(Topic created on: 03-22-2020 06:59 PM)
Elanathan
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S

Is anyone else experiencing such tones on their  s20 ultra display, I have contacted Samsung so many times requesting for a replacement unit but they persist that it's a software issue and that it will be fixed in the next software update when released
0 Likes
7 Comments
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Nope that's a hardware issue. You got a bad AMOLED panel. It's a relatively common issue. No update can fix it. If they won't fix it by replacing the panel, get a refund and buy another.

There are threads online on tech enthusiasts websites like XDA that say as much. Don't fight against live chat reps, just get a refund and buy another. Ironically they lose money that way as every return costs them cash and they have to put them as refurbished models (well if they have ethics but I'm 99% sure that's the case, at least in this situation)
Elanathan
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
I went to a Samsung approved service centre and they told me that the hardware was working just fine, so Samsung has persisted with that, saying that the hardware is fine
0 Likes
sully
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
Open phone and type *#0*#, then select black. lmk if its pure black or still has the shadow look
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Doesn't even matter. The gray uniformity is near to 0. Why would you do a black test when the issue is with dark tones and not pure blacks?
Elanathan
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Registers pure black, no shadow
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Well you must get a refund ASAP. This is very clearly an uniformity issue and no update can fix it. Partially mitigate it yes, but fixing it no. Of course the hardware works, but as in it lights up and registers taps properly. It doesn't display right however.
Elanathan
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Thanks, I'll contact Samsung
0 Likes