Original topic:

screen issues after latest download

(Topic created on: 03-18-2020 11:45 AM)
dave777
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S

Hello, I'm new to this, but would appreciate any help if possible. 

I did the latest upgrade (March 11th) I'm now seeing (intermittently) the lower 1/4 of my screen is going partially grey, and at times competely black. If i try to read a text the top half is fine but the lower half is grey and hard to read and has a slight flicker to it. . If I increase my screen brightness then the bottom half becomes black and you can't read anything.  it also happens with emails, contacts, etc. even the home screen will show across the lower screen. . Have tried resetting my phone. haven't loaded any new apps or played with any settings prior to this. It will go away for a bit after restarting or powering down my phone, but will eventually come back.  It is interment, but when it was doing it, I restarted the phone in safe mode and it still did it. So I don't believe it is tied to an app. The phone is about 1 1/2 old. 

I hope I did this right. 

Thanks

0 Likes
16 Comments
mytech
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
What device you have? Probably doesn't really matter but still 🤷‍♂️
By resetting phone do you mean factory reset or just restart?
Did you do this?
https://r1.community.samsung.com/t5/Others/Wipe-cache-partition-for-all-devices/td-p/3156063
0 Likes
dave777
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

My model number is SM-G930W8, I believe it is a Samsung S7 (not an edge has no fancy sides on it). 

I did just a restart and power off. I don't want to loose all my data by doing a factory restart. I looked at the link and I see Samsung S7 "not found" no not sure what to do with that. 

**Update now**  the lower 1/3 of my screen is black. the touch portion still works but I can't see my lower set of icons on any soft keys. Also some of the link you showed was in french. Sorry I'm new to all of this. and thanks for the reply.

0 Likes
mytech
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
Well whatever the outcome, get google translate 👍
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.apps.translate
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Sounds like a hardware issue.. Probably best to visit an Authorized Samsung Service Center - Assuming that they are open during this Pandemic crisis?
mytech
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
Your likely correct 🤦♂️
I was gasping for straws 🤷♂️
Worth a try maybe though, but im
quite surey your
righty Shaggy 🤙👍
dave777
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

I'm afraid that might be it, but I was hoping it was related to a glitch in the latest load as it started basically right after I did the upgrade.  also **bleep** due to the timing as you have pointed out, all our malls are closed.   take care and thanks

Kinsley
Options
Galaxy S

Hi dave777, Welcome to Community.

what device you are using?

But, as you have mentioned that you already Reset your device and haven't loaded any new apps and the problem is still present with your device. The final option is your device needs to be serviced. 

0 Likes
dave777
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

My model number is SM-G930W8, I believe it is a Samsung S7 (not an edge has no fancy sides on it). 

I did just a restart and power off. I don't want to loose all my data by doing a factory restart. I looked at the link and I see Samsung S7 "not found" no not sure what to do with that. 

**Update now**  the lower 1/3 of my screen is black. the touch portion still works but I can't see my lower set of icons on any soft keys, even though they work.  Sorry I'm new to all of this. and thanks for the reply. Really want to avoid service as you all are correct now is not the time as all our malls are closed. 

Kinsley
Options
Galaxy S

@dave777,

Please perform wipe cache partition. Cache partition contains most of the temporary files, logs, and remembered bits from the various applications on your device. Wiping the cache will NOT delete your apps, data or phone configuration. It will delete the temporary junk files only.

0 Likes