Original topic:

Screen problem

(Topic created on: 03-10-2022 01:16 PM)
kitmel
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S

The display on my 21 month old phone went white 2 days after an update. I took it to the service centre in Pavilion and the person queuing in front of me had the same exact issue. I was quoted RM950 for the LCD replacement even though I told them this issue appears after an update. The reason given was the phone overheated or overcharged, which sounds like an excuse to me. Apparently this issue is quite common among the Galaxy series. Anyway I was forced to pay to get the phone fixed as I need to backup the data but this is going to be my last Samsung phone.

11 Comments
ilovefood
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Sorry to hear that you had to splurge that much to fix it.
Though what's gonna be your next phone, if any in mind?
0 Likes
kitmel
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Probably the Oppo Find series as their ColorOS is as good as Samsung's
lawrencet
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Yes. Mine affected too. I'm on Note 10+. Please do not update this latest firmware 20220310_162019_176983_1646900424.jpgScreenshot_20220310-161905_Settings.jpgScreenshot_20220310-161923_Software update.jpg
0 Likes
kitmel
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Sorry to hear that. Samsung needs to be aware of this. Too many cases already!
0 Likes
Adiosly
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
Im using A51..screen phone pernah flashing setiap masa sampai xboleh unlock screen n terpaksa pakai spek hitam utk lihat screen..kalau hantar kedai kena tukar screen..sblm hantar i try hard reset..dan lepas hard reset masalah screen flashing dah setel..hope xkan berulang lg
0 Likes
Samsung_ETPBakf
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

my S20 having bright Green screen problem also. 

Software update can settle this issue?

0 Likes
Kerwincyyyy
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Had the same issues and was also quoted rm950 for the lcd replacement, even did a diagnostic test on my phone to prove that there's no physical damage on the lcd because they assume I dropped my phone 🤣. Only thing different was I did not pay to get my phone fixed and my phone magically fixed itself few days after I collected it from the Samsung service centre. This is also going to be my last Samsung phone.
0 Likes
kitmel
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Lucky for you that your phone fixed itself! 😆
Kerwincyyyy
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Yea lucky for me (not for long i guess) but not for everyone who had to pay to get their phone fixed for something samsung f**ked up 🤦🏻‍♂️
0 Likes