Original topic:

Screen still flashes :(

(Topic created on: 10-07-2021 05:39 AM)
MDOsteo
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
I can't believe that the screen issue that began from a software update a few weeks ago was not fixed by the next update. Very disappointed 
7 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

My reply to a previous post:

Yes, Samsung should have fixed the issue in the last update, but until they do, see if the possible solutions below work for you. 

"First go to Settings > Apps search for Samsung Messages & click on it, scroll down to "Allow to Appear on Top" and Toggle it OFF.

The second thing to try, is to download Google Messages (if you're not already using it, if you are disregard the next step).

After downloading Google Messages from the Play Store, make it your Default Messaging app. If Samsung Messages is causing the UI Glitch, by setting Google Messages as the default messaging app, the blinking / flickering UI glitch should stop, as Samsung Messages is no longer trying to pop-up with a notification.

Let me know if this works for you.

As for Maps & YouTube, I don't have any issues on my S20 Ultra which is running the same update as you.

I always Boot into Recovery after any Security Patch Update & Wipe Cache. It shouldn't be necessary, but I've never had any problems with this approach."

MDOsteo
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Thanks for the help. I had already turned off the 'appear on top' which helps. I was just expressing my frustration that this glitch wasn't addressed by the update 2 days ago. I thought it would have been.
Georgine
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, I suggest you to generate error report. Please use the Samsung Members app to generate the error report by using the below link so that the team can review the Log Files.

In step 5, please select the "Application" category.

In step 6, Please check "send the system log data". https://www.samsung.com/ca/support/mobile-devices/samsung-members-how-to-submit-an-error-report/

0 Likes
IchinTO
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
For me it started 2 days ago with the Update, drives me nuts
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Try the workarounds previously suggested, they appear to at least temporarily solve the issue. 

Settings > Apps >Scroll down to Samsung Messages > Click on it & Scroll down to "Allow to Appear on Top" & Toggle it OFF.

If you don't have Google Messages installed, Download it from the Play Store & make Google Messages your Default Messaging app. 

0 Likes
IchinTO
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
Appear on Top-off did the trick
Toxicfire
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
Did those 2 steps about a week ago, the appear on top helped for a day then went back to flashing. I got google messages and that has seemed to help however with a couple apps I get the screen flashing again. Ebay very bad the keyboard jerks very bad.
Hopefully samsung fixes this issue a.s.a.p
0 Likes