Original topic:

SD Card slot

(Topic created on: 04-17-2021 04:30 PM)
Tarun6417
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S

Year by Year samsung prices are skyrocketing. We defnetely accept that a good smartphone deserves its price. As a matter of fact i only buy Samsung products cause they support micro SD. If they decide to remove the micro SD for the nex gen s series and note series then there is no reason for me and most samsung users to switch to apple or one plus as we all know that they offer much better performance than any of the samsung device. Samsung please dont lont loose your loyal fans by getting rid of what we are loving you for. PLEASE STOP TAKING DUMB DECISIONS. We need Sd Card in future smartphones. How do you expect us to save all our 4k and 8k data without providing an Sd Card slot. You may say Cloud but seriously Cloud speeds did not replace Sd Card's yet. 

6 Comments
TBone
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
I agree that an SD slot is a much desired feature. Also I can't see how an SD card would cost samsung much money to add back. I hope the SD slot comes back.
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

It's all about money! Samsung would prefer people having to pay for cloud storage. It's a dumb a$$ move on Samsung's part. 

Caterwaul
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy S
Yeah I'm switching away from Samsung. My s10+ is the last Samsung device I'll buy unless they bring back the SD card and the head phone port. Like what am I supposed to store my 100+ gigs of music on the cloud for $40 a month and retire my Sony MDR-EX1000 headphones. Too bad, I was loyal Samsung customer since the galaxy s3.
0 Likes
zicdeh
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
Yeah I didn't get the note 20 ultra because they took out the SD slot. First the headphone, then the charger now the SD slot?

The note is suppose to have all the bells and whistles...

This whole 3 tier version release is nonsensical either besides "money". strip the original, and the + features away and give it all to the ultra... Just so you pay more for the more expensive version.

I'm thinking when I upgrade my phone this year I will be getting the Sony Xperia 1 iii. 4k 120fps, headphone jack, SD slot and great camera.
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

The Note 20 Ultra HAS an external sd card slot 

0 Likes
zicdeh
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
Must have got that mix up with the 21 ultra. Either way. I don't like the decision/direction they're going for future devices.

It's a shame cause I've been with Samsung for a long time now. Since galaxy S2 and currently on note 10+
0 Likes