Original topic:

SD Encryption failed on S8, phone does not detect SD anymore

(Topic created on: 11-07-2017 12:39 PM)
MoReza
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
I tried the SD encryption on my S8 but the process failed and now my phone doesn't read my SD card. It shows that my SD card is corrupted and I have to format it. But I don't want to lose all my pictures. Any suggestions ?
0 Likes
5 Comments
TheApostle
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
I would copy the contents of the memory card to a computer then go ahead and format it, then copy back the files to the memory card from the computer after the formatting.
MoReza
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
I will try that, Thanks.
0 Likes
RichMan1
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
Issue is with your sd card. Make sure it's of uhsii/iii speed, and from a great company. It takes very great quality sd card to survive with S8, I learned after two of my sd card got corrupted.
MoReza
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Thank you for letting me know because even after formatting my SD card it still didn't work. Any suggestions for an SD card brand?
0 Likes
RichMan1
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
Nope once it's corrupted you can't do anything with it. Formatting from pc won't work either, nothing will be able to read the sd card. These all things happened to me. The main solution is to buy a new good sd card, I'll recommend SanDisk 128GB/256GB microSD UHS-III from Amazon. You get lifetime warranty and you can store 4K videos and won't experience any lagging from using it with your S8. You also get free shipping from Amazon as it's expensive. I'm using it for around 4 months now and couldn't be more happier.