Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Search for available network pop-up?

(Topic created on: 08-14-2019 03:05 PM)
Zaptor
Active Level 6
Options
Galaxy S
Since the last update or maybe since Pie on my S9+, everytime I go to my car in the condo garage where there is no signal, I get this pop-up to search for a network.
If I hit cancel, it comes back every 3-4 seconds.  If I hit ok, it takes a bit longer and comes back up again. 

Anyway to disable this pop-up?  It just takes over the screen, very annoying. 

Thanks.

0 Likes
Resolved!
14 Comments
Galaxy S
@Disedrop Have a look at this app from the Play Store - System UI Tuner & you want the Beta version - It requires adb commands - But I'm not sure if it will prevent the popup? It's a great app for a variety of UI tweaks though.
0 Likes
dbrons
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S

OK as far as I can tell, this is not resolved.  The problem relates to using wifi calling when you have a poor signal at home or elsewhere.  If you choose wifi preferred, it will revert back to cellular preferred on its own and you will miss calls next time you are home if you don't ntice and change it back.  So the only solution it seems is to turn off automatic choosing of cellular network and register with, in my case T-mobile.

This fixes the problem of having wi fi preferred stay that way,  but every time I am at home with the poor signal I get this big annoying pop up "Search for available network?" Sometimes every minute. 

This pop up was the subject of this thread 3 years ago and resetting network setting, yes does get rid of the pop up, but only by going back to automatic network choice and me losing my "wi-fi preferred" setting shortly thereafter.  

If anyone knows any other fix to at least block the pop up I'd be thankful    Dave

0 Likes
luvklora
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
Not searching for network
0 Likes
Members_UeiOaCZ
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Turn off location when you are in area with poor or no cell service.

0 Likes
JayaRe379
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
I live in an area where the service is sketchy most of the time and getting this notification several times a day is just about enough to make me go back to iphone.

Is there a way to just turn off this notification?