Original topic:

SEARCH FUNCTION GOOGLE

(Topic created on: 01-04-2022 11:17 AM)
WenPC
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
Im so frustrated with this phone...now searching. I read comments about how to turn it off when the apps come up. So annoying. But now.. I dont know what happens when i search. I turned it off so my apps dont come up but now anything with the first letter of what i search comes up.. so frustrating...
0 Likes
11 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Where are you using Google Search, from a widget or (sounds like) in the app drawer? 

0 Likes
WenPC
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
From widget
0 Likes
WenPC
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
I dunno i have a picture but cant add it here like the big "G"
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Something like this & is it on the desktop? 

If it is, it shouldn't be searching for installed apps. 

It should open up what you see in the 2nd screen shot. 

Screenshot_20220104_144845.jpg

Screenshot_20220104_145149.jpg

WenPC
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Yep that's it
0 Likes
Ray1
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
If what you are seeing is a list as shown by @RedDogRabbit you can scroll down the list and find an item called manage history where you can set the time until history is deleted or delete whatever you want with the different choicesScreenshot_20220105-065836_Samsung Internet.jpg
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Or they can also click on the "Delete" button lower right side & Select a period of time to delete, or delete all time. 

But Google's got a good memory, & searching for previously searched topics may still appear as you start to type in the Search Field. It's also possible that it's your keyboard's memory that is anticipating / autocompleting words as they type. I know that SwiftKey can do that. 

In either case, it's not designed to annoy anyone, but to "help". 

0 Likes
Georgine
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, Could you confirm if it's with all the apps?

0 Likes
WenPC
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Just the one you showed
0 Likes