Original topic:

Secure folder forgot password

(Topic created on: 01-30-2023 12:00 AM)
TimOnckels
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
I forgot my password of my secure folder. When I click on forgot password, it freezes on a loading symbol with a grey screen. How can I fix this without deleting my secure folder. It has important documents in it.
0 Likes
3 Comments
SamsungClaudette
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S

Hello @Eagleheart

I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue. I suggest you try the solutions listed below:

1. Clear cache from the secure folder app
  2. Send an Error report

Error reports assist with identifying any deviations in your device performance. Once analysed, our team will get back to you with a response to advise further steps.

To send an error report:
Samsung Members app > Support > Error reports > select issue category > Describe issue and frequency > Tick ‘Send system log data’ > ‘Send’ in top right.

I hope this helps. 

Please let me know if it doesn't work.

Kind Regards,

SamsungClaudette

0 Likes
TimOnckels
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
So I found the solution in the community. Apparently if you go to secure folder in settings you need to delete the data and clear the cache. Then when you tap on secure folder settings you can press forgot password and then it will work and you can log into your samsung account and change the password
SClaus
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
I have the same issue except there is no "Forgot password" to click on. I have to keep trying passwords until it locks me out for 30 seconds.
0 Likes