Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Security policy

(Topic created on: 10-21-2021 01:59 PM)
thebrez
Active Level 6
Options
Galaxy S
Hi, for some reason, I cannot use my camera app all of a sudden. It says, it can't be used due to the security policy..
Help please 
Thank you kindly 
11 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
It depends if you were taking pictures that were deemed intrusive or offensive.
Which model cell are u using?
If it's like mine...the S21 Ultra 5G that may present a pronlem
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Cameras are "dumb", they don't care what someone is taking pictures of. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
Problem
0 Likes
thebrez
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
It's a s20fe5g
0 Likes
thebrez
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
I wasn't taking any pictures
0 Likes
Solution
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Try going to Settings > Apps & Search for the Camera > Click on it >Scroll down to "Storage" and clear cache & data for the camera. Reboot & test.

The camera doesn't care what kind of pictures you take!!

You can also try Booting into Safe Mode & see if the issue still occurs. If it doesn't, then it's likely a 3rd party app may be causing the problem?

If you're still having trouble with the camera, you could backup your device with Smart Switch & Factory Reset.

A factory Reset will return your phone to how it was when you first got it, so you need to know your passwords ⚠️ 

thebrez
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Thank you, I ended up doing a factory reset and it works now of course.
thebrez
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
How to enable safe mode
0 Likes
Solution
Valeriya
Options
Galaxy S

Hi thebrez, I suggest you please reboot your device in safe mode and check if you are experiencing the issue. If you are not experiencing any issues in safe mode, then the issue could be due to any third-party application you installed recently.

To do this, you need to completely power off the device. Then, power on the device, and when the Samsung logo appears, press and hold down the Volume Down key. If done correctly, "Safe Mode" will display on the bottom left corner of the screen.

Also, please try the suggestions provided by RedDogRabbit. Thank you for the response RedDogRabbit.

0 Likes