Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Settings Keeps shutting down, what to do? Anyone?

(Topic created on: 05-12-2019 12:05 AM)
iLovemyDog
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
I have a 9s+, and On May 7th there was a security update and ever since I keep getting a message pop up on screen that says "settings has stopped" and then gives me two options, 1. App info and 2. Close App. Both if pressed lead nowhere. This doesn't seem particularly a good thing so does anyone know how to fix this situation?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Galaxy S
Yeah it's a known issue - One of the Night Mode QS Tiles crashes & the other one doesn't - Edit the QS Tiles to Remove the one that Crashes from the QS Tiles View - I BOOTED straight into RECOVERY after applying the OTA & WIPED CACHE - I never saw Settings Crash 🕊
fwiw - I enabled Night Mode from Developer Options.

View solution in context

0 Likes
6 Comments
Solution
Galaxy S
Yeah it's a known issue - One of the Night Mode QS Tiles crashes & the other one doesn't - Edit the QS Tiles to Remove the one that Crashes from the QS Tiles View - I BOOTED straight into RECOVERY after applying the OTA & WIPED CACHE - I never saw Settings Crash 🕊
fwiw - I enabled Night Mode from Developer Options.
0 Likes
iLovemyDog
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
@Shaggyskunk1 - Thank you, much appreciated seems to have worked.
Magoo4u22
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy S
im not an expert in android anymore as my company made us switch to iPhones but i had enough and came back to Samsung. is there a step by step instructions by chance on how to fix this as its very annoying
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Boot into Recovery (Power Off - Press & Hold Power + Bixby + Volume UP until you feel the phone vibrate - Release ALL Three buttons - Wait a few seconds until you see the Recovery Menu - Use the Volume button to Scroll down to Wipe Cache - Select it with the Power button - Wait a couple of seconds - It will default to Reboot once complete - Select Reboot with the Power button.
Next - Pull down the QS Tiles & Click on the Three Dot Menu Top Right and Edit the QS Tiles - If you have TWO Night Mode QS Tiles - Drag the one that doesn't crash out of the QS Tiles View 🕊
0 Likes
meader77
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
I'm having the same issue with the settings app. pop up to close app comes up. is there a fix on this. ever since the last update
0 Likes
iLovemyDog
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
@meader77 Follow Shaggyskunk1 directions, they worked for me, no longer seeing the message for more than a day now.
0 Likes